7. First Kiss

Song of Chapter: R U mine by Arctic Monkeys

"First day of filming tomorrow." I sigh, gripping the handle of the paper shopping bag. I stare down at the wet pavement as I wait for an answer. The only sounds are the rain silently dropping on the ground and my footsteps.

"Yup," he says.

"Yup? Aren't you the least bit nervous?" As soon as I say this he stops, as do I.

"How long have you been acting Kiara?"

"Well professionally seven years I would say, but building up towards that, my entire life starting from age five," I reply.

"And hasn't it been long enough for you to be comfortable playing a main role in a movie? I would think seven years alone would be enough time to get used to it."

"Yes, but think about it," I say starting to walk again. "Whether it's your first audition or a movie role that you are handed because you are an A-list or B-list celebrity, you'll always be afraid. There will be many people that you would want to amuse and think of you in good ways but at the same time you don't want to disappoint them. You don't want the movie to be bad because of you," I reply nonchalantly.

"I guess so."

We walk from under sidewalk with a roof into the pouring but gentle rain to cross the street. We wait for a few cars to pass until the road is completely empty. We cross the street until I lose grip on the shopping bag, and all of the contents come spilling out. My white wedges, my dress, and a few makeup items, spill onto the wet road. Not being able to help it, a laugh escapes out of my mouth as I kneel down to pick up the objects and place them back in the bag. I stand up to face Logan, still in a fit of giggling.

"What's so funny?"

"I don't know. Most people just need to laugh at the end of a bad day to make themselves feel better. Kind of like an emotional balance. You know?"

"I see what you mean," he says glancing down at his shoes. He looks down at me, his ice blue eyes staring directly into mine. It was the perfect moment. You know how that typical love story goes. He looks into my eyes I look into his, the rain is soaking us, it's an empty street, and he leans in as do I and then a kiss happens. You've heard it all before. But I swear it isn't like that. It's as if my world stops spinning, time freezes, everything around me is motionless, the rest of the world is irrelevant. Let me tell you, no one has made me feel that way in a long time. Not eve. Luke.

We decide to keep walking around until we reached a quiet little restaurant corner. There was a covered outdoor patio where we sat discreetly and ordered a meal. Even after we had paid the check, we still sat there talking about whatever comes to mind. Favorite things, secrets, things we hate. In such a short amount of time we got to know other as if we've known each other for years. In my opinion, love is when you tie together with someone so rapidly, and when you talk to your partner it's as if you're talking to yourself. You have common interests, you know each other well. It all works out.

Logan drops me off at home, and I head straight to my room to prepare for filming tomorrow. It would be a pretty big day. Sienna opens the door and walks in.

"So how was the date?" She asked, sitting on the beige comforter.

"Actually? Really well. He kissed me!" I squealed.

"Really? Oh my god tell me everything!" Sienna jumped up and down like we did when we were in seventh grade, and found out a guy liked us.

"Wait!" She ran out of the room, coming back with a bowl of candies and snacks. As she popped open a bag of fruit snacks, I told her about every detail. After another session of childish squealing we sat down on my bed and watched a movie that we agreed looked interesting. So far, I was happy. Lately everything had been going the right way, and I was glad to have a good day.