19. Plans

Excitment pours out of me as Sienna turns a page in a wedding dress magazine. I am currently searching for a DJ which we all agree on, and Dylan is sitting at the kitchen table sliding the invitations in little envelopes. I glance over to Sienna to see what she is looking at.

"Do you like anything?" I asked peering over her shoulder.

"Yes. I am thinking of this one. She says pointing to one in the magazine."

"Too poofy." At that, she closes the magazine shut and thrusts it at the wall.

"This is too hard! I can't find anything to wear! Yesterday, my mother asked me if the table cloths should be wine red, or dove white. I can't decide on anything!" She exclaims. Dylan stands up from his chair and comes to comfort her.

"Listen. It's just a table cloth. I don't care what dress you are in, as long as we are getting married. That's the important thing. Alright?"

I smile at Dylan. He is being so supportive and gentle towards her. I needed to tell her.

"I have an idea!" I piped up. She looked up at me, waiting for my idea.

"We could go to one of those private boutiques and try on dresses. Come on it will be fun!" I pulled her up by her arm.

"Okay I guess."

"No no. Too tight!" Katy critiqued.

"I agree, I wasn't so sure about this one too."
I took a sip of the champagne the owner of the store had offered. Katy just finished her hit movie, Labor Day and even guest started on How I Met Your Mother. We hadn't seen each other in a long time so I figured I would invite her and catch her up in all of the drama and happenings in my life. She told me she was going on a new tour soon with an album called Prism.

Sienna came out of her dressing room once again, with a dress that had thick straps over the shoulders, tight around the torso area, but wider towards the bottom.

"Oooh! I like that one!"

"I like it too. But I think we should put it to the side. You know, the maybe pile," I countered.

"No! I'm getting tired I will never find the right one," Sienna said incredulously.

"One more. Please," I begged.

"Fine."

I looked at Katy as we watched her come out with the next one. It was a strapless, white dress, tight around the chest and the hips, and wider towards the bottom. Widely known as a mermaid dress. Katy and I gasped at how good she looked in it.

"It's perfect!" We stood up and squealed, huddling around her.

-

"We're home!" I called out as we entered the apartment building.

"Hey!" Dylan greeted us coming out of the kitchen. He embraced Sienna in a warm hug, while trying to peek into the bag with the wedding dress.

"Nice try buddy," Sienna said. I chuckled while sitting on the couch flipping the tv on. I heard a light pitter-patter of raindrops against the window, and the thunder echoing through the sky. I took the beige blanket and covered myself, holding my pineapple pillow close to my chest. I listened to a distant conversation Dylan and Sienna were having in the kitchen, and nostalgia took over. The warm cozy blankets and horror movies reminded me of my first home date with Logan. I looked at posters of fan mail on the new bulletin boards I had gotten over the spring and saw pieces of letters and drawings of Logan and I holding hands, and telling us how much they loved us individually and as a couple. I switched off The Poltergeist which was playing on the television, and turned on Friends. In no time I found myself drifting off to sleep, where I could be safe from all of the heartache.

Hi guys. Sorry I haven't been updating in quite a long time, but I was busy with school work. Speaking of which, my English teacher and my parents really want me to publish a book, because they like my writing style. I would really love your support and PM me suggestions. I'm sorry for the short chapter by the way. Next time I'm going to try and make it longer. But... THE WEDDING DATE IS COMING CLOSER I'M EXCITED. Haha i'm pathetic being so excited for fictional characters in my fanfiction.

Also I would really like to thank __perspective   and Nicosgirl for being there and always supporting me through all of my books and just being a writer in general. You should go check out their stories too, they have some good stuff. With all of these shout outs you guys are also all great, wether you are silent readers, expressive readers, any readers you guys are the best.

One more thing to those of you who don't know, my arm is all healed and I can write again.

Once again, love you all so much,

--nightingale