22. Weddings

Song of the Chapter Hallelujah by Panic! at the Disco

The room was engulfed by silence. Nobody said a word, nobody moved, everyone and everything was still. A few questioning stares thrown at each other once in a while, but mostly we held our heads in our hands and stared at our feet, only feeling guilt and shame. Its been almost half an hour of this going on, and I can't take it anymore, so I stand up and I start to speak with an edge to my tone, "Listen, guys  we screwed up big time but the wedding is in 4 hours. I don't have any idea how we are going to even sort this out but you need to make a decision right now. Are you going to have this wedding or not?" After an eternity (really just 64 seconds) of waiting for a response, I take it as a no and walk away to my room and slam the door shut shaking the walls and sending echoes throughout the entire apartment. I fall into my bed, wishing it would swallow me into a deep abyss and take me somewhere far away from this screwed up situation, or here. Wherever that is. I let out a long exasperated sigh and close my eyes for a few minutes, when I hear soft knocks on my bedroom door. I open it to find a tearful Sienna in a wrinkled wedding dress standing in front of me.

" What do you want?" I spit out in an angered tone. Sienna wrings her hands together and quietly says, "I decided to have the wedding. I understand that you guys made a mistake, and I was raised to believe in forgiveness and second chances. We can talk about it post-wedding but bottom line is I love you guys and I'm getting married today." I stand in shock.

"A-alright then let's go.... Get married!" I say, still rattled by her decision to forgive and forget as quickly as that. Not that I wasn't grateful but I would not do the same if I were in her position.

~

My heart beat quickens, and I shuffle my feet nervously as the doors to the church open, and music fills the room. Everyone turns and stares at the bride in awe as I awkwardly stand next to the groom playing the roll of the maid of honor. I look around at the ensemble of people in the room, probably close to 600 people, each playing their own important role, and contributing to the event. The best man on the other side of Dylan, bridesmaids holding their bouquets, with ear to ear smiles, the flower girl trailing behind Sienna throwing petals, four girls dressed in pastel pink, holding her dress up, the many many many friends and family sitting in the benches among us, etc.

Sienna reaches the end of the very long, white covered aisle and lets Dylan take her hands. The pastor begins his usual speech,

"Dear Beloved we are gathered here today in the presence of these witnesses to join Sienna Frayer, and Dylan O'Brien in holy matrimony..."

As the Pastor continues his speech which will probably take eons to finish, I scan the crowd for any familiar faces. I see my parents, Dylan's family, Sienna's family, the bridesmaids' [Jen, Lucy, Katy, etc.] family, but there is one face that sends a stabbing sensation of confusion and fear through my mind.

Noah?

*refer to chapter 8*

I look at Sienna and back at my brother but none of them seem to notice me.

"Do you, Sienna Frayer take Dylan O'Brien to be your lawfully wedded wife?" The Pastor asks.

With no hesitation and a lovestruck stare in Dylan's direction she responds with, "I do."

"And do you, Dylan O'Brien take Sienna Frayer to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

Dylan looks at Sienna and smiles, "I do."

"You may kiss the bride." The Pastor says, closing the book he was reading his speech from.

The sea of people stand up and clap loudly and cheer as Dylan and Sienna kiss. I clap too but I am dazed with confusion, and I do not know whether to feel betrayed, angry, or both.