21. Fights

*gif irony*

Song of the chapter: Soap by Melanie Martinez

"I can't believe you didn't tell me!"

"I was going to I just didn't think it would be great to mention it the day before our wedding!"

"There were plenty of opportunities!"

"We just didn't want to hurt you!"

"Hurt me? well buddy you failed at that," Sienna spat at Dylan.

I dramatically flop down on my bed waiting for all of the yelling and fighting to stop. They have been going at it for hours and the wedding is in seven hours. I feel drenched in guilt. In every part of my body I felt it sting, reminding me of what I have done. It all happened because of one bad choice. it doesn't matter that I drank myself into oblivion and it just came out. I did it and lied about it for months. I looked in her eyes and lied to her everyday. I have the well deserving title of a home wrecker.

I stand up and march into the living room where the yelling increases now that I am not behind my lavender walls.

"Guys! Please just stop! I'm tired of this! Do you know how exhausting it is to yell and listen to your fights not to mention the unbearable guilt eating away at me! This is as hard on me as it is on you. Sienna get over it. It was a mistake and words can't describe how sorry we are and how terrible we feel. Now if you would please forgive us and get married. Today is your special day and we can't fight right now."

"Honestly? I don't know if I can forgive you," she said quietly. She turned around and walked out the door slamming it behind her. I let out an exasperated sigh and hold my head in my hands.

"Great! This is just great!" I yell as I walk into my room and slam the door with all of the strength I have left in my body.
I dive onto my bed burying my head in the pillows.

~

I wake up to a knocking on the door. I sleepily sit up and listen to hear it again to make sure that it wasn't just a dream. After I hear it again I stand up catching a glimpse of my appearance in the mirror as I walk out of the room.

"What?" I spit out as I open the door and see Dylan standing there with his arm propped on the door frame. I start to shut the door but he doesn't let that happen.

"I am not in the mood to talk right now," I say crossing my arms

"Well you got us in this mess and you are going to get us out of it," Dylan counters. I roll my eyes and walk out into the living room and into the kitchen. I open the fridge and take out the milk and cocoa from the pantry. Dylan comes in just as I shut the fridge.

"Do you have any idea where Sienna went?" I asked as I dumped the little packet of cocoa into a mug.

"No she hasn't been answering her calls or texts at all."

After an awkward silence filled only by the silent stream of milk being poured into the mug, mixing with the brown powder, I speak up,

"Dylan. The wedding is in 6 hours and we are still in our pajamas and not to mention the bride is missing. We have to think. Do you have any ideas where she might have gone?"

"I don't know! I looked for her at the beach and the mall but I can't find her. Her car is still here though so she couldn't have gone far."

I place the cup in the microwave when an idea ran through my mind. Sort of like an epiphany.

I didn't even bother closing the microwave or turning it on, I just ran out of the kitchen and grabbed my coat. Dylan chases after me asking me what I am doing but I don't even respond as I shut the front door behind me. I vigorously ress the elevator button which won't make it come to my floor any faster.

"Ah, screw it," I mutter as I run to the staircase.

The warm air hits me as I run outside to my car, pajamas, hair curlers and all. I start the car and speed out of the parking lot as I drive across town. My phone vibrates in the cupholder where I placed it. Dylan. I pick up the phone and slide my finger across the screen, picking up the call.

"Where did you-"

"Look," I start, cutting him off, "I am driving at the moment and I don't want to be interrogated by you while I am trying to find your runaway bride. I would really appreciate it if you would shut up and let me do my thing," I say and hang up. I travel for a good ten minutes before I reach my destination. First Congressional Church, reads the sign above the door. I open the door with a quiet creak and take a few silent steps inside. I see the entire room is empty except for one person sitting on one of the benches, Sienna. I walk closer and see that she is in her wedding dress. Her brown curls rest on her shoulders, and tear drops fall onto the dress.

"I know you don't believe me but," I take a step closer. "It wasn't intentional and it wasn't meant to hurt anybody. It was in the heat of the moment. It was a mistake that was followed by many tears, hangovers, and feeling consumed of guilt. It was why Logan left me." Sienna is still looking down, she stays quiet for a brief moment until she says, "It doesn't matter that you kissed him, I am mad because you didn't tell me," she said quietly, without looking up. "He told me he was going to propose. I didn't want to ruin that. It wasn't a good time and I-"

"You think now is a better time? I really hope you didn't because-"

"No! It wasn't a good time. There was no good time. It was terrible, it was an accident and we wanted to put it behind us. It is in the past and I can't change it. And truth be told, if I could change it I wouldn't. That day made me who I am today and who we are today."

"And what are we?" Sienna snaps looking up at me.

"What kind of people are we today? You are depressed, I am angry, Dylan is lost in his own mind, it's morbid and I would do anything to change it. I am getting married today. I will put on a fake smile wear it for five hours, and then what? We take off the masks? We go back to the way it was?"

"I'm getting better and you know that."

"We are actors! Nobody is getting better. We've been wearing those masks so long that it is all you recognize! It's all in your head."

"I don't get what you're trying to explain..." I say confused.

"What I'm saying is, we aren't getting anywhere but we think we are or, we were never in a bad place we just thought we were."

FINALLY the day has come where I have updated my story. I am not very proud of the way I wrote this chapter but a lot happened in this chapter so yes... If you have any questions or grammatical corrections please comment below and feel free to express yourselves in the comments section I will try to update more often.

--nightingale