Chapter 11 - Christmas Week 1

Ξεκινήστε από την αρχή

Harry turns a glare on Adele. "I don't know what you're laughing at - you chose to be with me."

"Did she have a choice?" Anne ponders, glancing over her shoulder again. "'Cause I'm pretty sure you would've bullied her into it if she said 'no'."

"Hey! I am very big on consent, I'll have you know. Aren't I, sweet cheeks?" He turns to Adele with a slight cock to his head.

She nods her head furiously. "Yes, very big on consent. Not a conversation I'd like to start with your mum, though..."

"Anyway," Anne turns back to them as she dries her hands with a tea towel, "go and get dressed - I want a picture of the two of you before you start work and get stressy. And sweaty in Harry's case."

"What side of the bed did you fucking get out of this morning?" Harry asks incredulously, mouth agape. "Have I upset you?"

"No." She answers simply.

"Could've fooled me. You've called me fat, pushy and sweaty in the space of ten minutes."

It's the way he says it that makes Adele laugh right from the back of her throat.

"Darling, you're the lankiest boy in Warwickshire. Far from fat. I'm teasing. Surprised you haven't complained about your photo being taken."

"I don't care about that. Don't have anywhere near enough pictures with Adele."

Adele's brows lift with mild shock. She thought he never wanted photos because people might realise they're together. She never asks either, so... maybe he just forgets. To be fair to him, when they're together alone photos with each other are usually the last thing on either of their minds.

So, after finishing their tea and coffee, they each have a quick shower and dress for their shift in their matching jumpers. It's laugh-worthy, for sure.

"I look like The Grinch." Adele mumbles as she glances down at herself with a frown.

"You look fine." Harry insists, draping his arm around her shoulder.

FINE?!

Anne stands about two meters away at the opposite end of the living room with her phone up ready to take a picture of the two of them. "Never tell a girl she looks just 'fine', Harry."

"I bet my skin looks green." Adele insists quietly.

"Doesn't." He hums, pecking the top of her head. "Come on then, Mum. Before Mandy tells us we're late."

The spite in his tone makes Anne smirk. "Tell her it was my fault, that'll shut her up."

"She'll just accuse him of blaming his own mother for his poor time-keeping skills." Adele mutters.

"Or call me summat horrible - tell me I'm useless, or whatever."

Anne frowns. "Better bloody not. Right - three, two, one... smile."

~

Later on, when Adele is home and tucking herself into bed after finishing her shift, a notification from Instagram lights up her phone screen.

harry_styles has tagged you in a post

"Blimey," she mumbles under her breath, opening the notification with a slide of her thumb across the screen.

There's two pictures - the first one being the photo that Anne had taken of them in the morning, stood side by side with matching cheesy grins. The next photo is again of the two of them taken later in the day while they were working, her behind the bar, mid-conversation with him leant over the side, chin in his palm. She doesn't remember it being taken. If she remembers correctly, he was waiting for a round of drinks from her and they were talking about a plan for Boxing Day.