Book 1 - Batter Up

In the first book of this 3-part series, we follow Adele Hahn and the beginning of her relationship with the notoriously cheeky and charming Harry Styles. Love wasn't on the cards for Adele - just like her first year at Saint Nicholas College, she was expecting to breeze through her second year without any real 'boy' worries. But when she goes from never having to speak to Harry one year, to seeing him almost every day the next, it's hard for Adele to stay away, and soon develops a strong crush.

We'll meet characters that challenge her, characters that support and care for her, and characters that may or may not have a much deeper relevance than it would seem.

Adele's family is unconventional - there's a ten year age gap between her mother Gwen and father Baz, the same difference between her and her oldest brother Jason, and again between her and her youngest brother Casper. Their household is vegan, though her parents allow her exceptions due to the career she's chosen for herself. Jason is feckless and often irresponsible, and Casper, though only young, has an excitable and performative nature. Gwen had a cultural upbringing in India that she's brought back to England with her, and Baz, while often showing signs of a classic 'dad' is still very much in love with his younger, beautiful wife.

Even heading into their eighteenth year, there are still a group of girls at Saint Nicholas College that think they're superior to everyone else - headed by Bella Redfern and seconded by Hattie Johnson. A group of five girls with a sixth member that changes once every few months, which at one time was Adele, she now tries to steer clear of them at all times unless it's within the college walls. Unfortunately, they seem to unintentionally follow her around in her free time, too.

Eden Eldridge and Ben Dąbrowski are Adele's best friends, and also a couple. Their relationship is fiery and the couple often bicker, usually in front of other people to make for some good drama. Still, there's no denying that they love one another, and they've never minded Adele being their accidental third wheel.

As we delve into Adele's ever growing complex life, who will stay, and who will go?