Chapter 11 - Christmas Week 1

Start from the beginning

"There's a tea and a coffee waiting for you in the kitchen, and there's a Christmas jumper for you both to wear for the day." Anne grins.

"How ugly are they?" Harry asks, standing up straight and brushing his hands over his arse.

"Hideous," she promises with a smirk, "everyone's got one to wear. I saved my favourite for you two."

"... Thank you?"

Adele giggles at the uncertainty in his voice, standing behind him with her hands holding the top of his arms. "He doesn't look hideous in anything."

Harry peers down at her with a proud grin. "Thanks, Ads."

"See, now this is why he's got such a big head. Tellin' him he can pull off anything is your first mistake, Adele." Anne eyes her pointedly.

"I have not got a big head." Harry retorts with a scowl.

"Yes, you do." Adele mumbles, pressing her lips to his bare shoulder blade. "Come on, I want to pick my ugly jumper."

Lightly pushing him forwards with her hand pressed to the small of his back, Adele and Harry follow Anne out of the room and into the kitchen. Two mugs and two matching Christmas jumpers sit on the kitchen table. One jumper is red and one jumper is green, and both are stitched with tinsel and baubles and LED lights.

Adele snorts, picking up the red one with wide eyes. "Oh my God..."

"These are horrendous..." Harry grimaces. "Has everyone really got one?"

Anne nods with another proud smirk. "Yep, but those two are by far the worst."

"Why do you want to embarrass your own child like this?"

"Because I can."

Adele barks a laugh, clinging the red jumper to her chest. "H, please wear this one?"

Harry's gaze drifts from his mother to his girlfriend, wide-eyed. "You want me to wear the red one?"

With pressed lips and an obvious grin, Adele nods furiously.

He sighs, taking the jumper out of her hands and holding it up with a look of utter disdain. "Fine. Only because I like you."

Adele watches with glee as he shoves his hands and arms through the sleeves and then yanks the neck over his head, pulling the garment down his torso.

He clears his throat. "S'a bit tight, Mum."

Anne giggles. "I bought them all one size..."

"What, extra small?"

"No, large."

"Bullshit, no way is this a fucking large."

Anne turns away with another smug grin.

"And it's itchy."

"Well, you've got to wear it over an actual shirt, obviously."

"Wait," Adele frowns, leaning her hip against the kitchen table, "are you working in the front today?"

Harry smirks. "Sure am. Did I forget to tell you?"

Adele nods. "Yep."

"Yeah," Anne turns from where she stands at the sink, "try and keep your pestering levels to a minimum, please. Some of the girls are miserable cows at the best of times without you winding them up."

"Are you trying to tell me that I'm a pest?" He scoffs.

"I absolutely am."

Adele barks another laugh, quickly covering her face with her hand.