Chapter Three

Magsimula sa umpisa

"He's a nice guy daddy. You know if he wasn't, I wouldn't even be wasting my time or his." I stated before he could go in, cause it was written all over his face.

"Yea, well I'll be the judge of that, how old is this kid?" He asked, walking to my door.

I went into my closet in search for something to wear tonight. Well, not really. I knew what I'd be wearing. I just didn't want to answer that last question. So I pretended like I didn't hear him while I hopped and tugged at a random shoebox at the top of the closet.

"Lil' Girl," he said with more authority in his voice.

"Sir" I walked out of the closet, still avoiding eye contact.

"You better act like you heard me talkin" he crossed his arms and walked over to my desk space beside my bed and sat in the chair.

"How old is he?"

"26"

"........." Nothing. He just looked at me.

"Dad?"

"Girl you done lost your mind. Don't you know that's eight years older than you?"

"Yes, I'm aware."

"Nah, that ain't cool Steph."

"But daddy I'm eighteen, which makes me legally an adult now."

"So I guess that makes you know everything about the world and the way dudes act now huh?"

"I never said that." I said in a low defeated tone.

"Baby girl, being with somebody closer to your age is completely different than being with someone who's 26. He done had his chance at living. At this age, he probably is ready to settle down. Baby you just getting started."

"I've considered all of this daddy, you don't raise no fool" I shot back, kind of annoyed.

"At 26 year old can get to a young girl. He knows his way with words, and he'll talk you right out of your panties" he said kind of worried."

"So what you think I'm easy?"

"I didn't say that Steph."

You didn't have to" I said walking towards my bathroom.

I couldn't believe what my dad had just said. He didn't care if I was happy or not. All he thought was that I was knockin boots the first chance I got.

"Besides, if he got in my panties, it wouldn't be because he was so good with his words." And with that I slammed the door leaving him to do- whatever.

I bathed, and did my nails and toes. The rest of the evening I used as time to relax and clear my head. I knew that my parents wouldn't be exactly happy about Rich's age, but I didn't expect him to go in like that either. I know it was minor but it still had me heated. I knew my mom would just follow suit with whatever my dad said so reasoning with her would be a lost cause at this point. It didn't matter anyway, Richard wants me, not them, and for whatever reason, because they didn't approve, I wanted him so much more.

****

*Ding Dong*

The doorbell rang throughout the house. I was reluctant about him coming inside, but since I told him about the conversation me and my dad had, he insisted.
I surveyed myself once more before heading downstairs. Tonight's outfit of choice was a black sleeveless midi dress. The chest was black mesh, and my girls were sitting up just right. I wasn't too simple, but it was inappropriate either. I slipped on my sling back patent leather Louboutins, a did a twirl in the mirror. They were a gift from my parents for my eighteenth birthday. I ran my fingers through my thick black and honey blonde hair to pick out my wander curls. My 14 karat gold hoop earrings and gold MK boyfriend watch brought the while ensemble together. I grabbed my black clutch purse and went downstairs.