CHAPTER 9

Socorro Ricks

I plastered a fake smile over my lips as I entered our building. It's not necessary to act happy, I know. It's just that all unit owners and employee here knew me as a happy go lucky kind of girl.

That's really I am. Sadly today is not a usual day for me. There's a lot happened in just today.

I found out a lot that more confused me. I felt like I'm being hungry to such informations. I'm being giddy but in positive way. All I want is to discover the past. Even if I needed to intrude someone's life.

Although it's not a big deal when mom stopped me when she found out that I'm planning to go in Philippines. I just got suspicious the way she acted. It's not her usual. I can sense that something is wrong.

Additional questions filled my head when I heard Aunt's statement. Later when I walk out I was thinking that she's just saying those to stain my Mom's name to me little did she now it's already stained.

" Ms. Ricks, is that you? ", A deep voice of a man came.

I turned around and saw a tall and broad man. He's a mascular and looks scary at the same time. There is something hidden into his personality that's what I observed. Wearing a white polo and black shades. I have a feeling that I have seen him before. The problem is I can't remember when and where.

" Yeah it's me......who are you? ", I enquired not sounding so curious while lacing a sweet smile.

It's a force one.

He smirked. " Rock. "

Rock.

His name is familiar. I already heard that name. The question is where? Surely it's been days passed or maybe weeks.Because hearing his name is just fresh from my memories.

Reminiscing the forgotten memory I went back to the places where I went. Hoping I would remember him.

Yesterday was when I received a letter from anonymous. I just ignored it because that's not new for me anymore. I always received some like that even before. That's why, and other than that I stayed all day in our unit.

The other day was, I went to the mall to buy some essential things until I proceed to a market. And, I bumped to a man.

A man?

" Does the name EXUR NAVARRO rings the bell? ", My subconscious said.

I blink several times when I already remembered who he is. My smile dropped and stepped back. He's the same Rock where Exur ordered him to get me.

They are related. How come I forgot about the man who was eager to be kiss by me? The man who gave me such anxious feeling. Who always make me confuse because of his choice of actions.

Not to mention that he humiliated me in public place while I'm in a state of helpless. He's cruel, pervert and conceited maniac.

" What do you want? ", I asked him not even thinking my own question if what do I mean. It was a wrong question. It should be, Why are you here?

Rock stared me for awhile then crossed his arm over his chest. My grip to my shoulder bag tightened ignoring the sensitive cloth used. For sure I already ruined it.

" Well if your concern Ms. Ricks I came by to finish some unfinished business. Nice meeting by the way. I will tell Master about our unplanned meet up. ", He said then left.

I stunned as his words sink in. If Exur found out where I am there's a chance that our path will be cross again. Unfortunately that would be the last thing I want to happen.

Everytime we met there is nothing good happen. We always fight and argue. It's lame but it's me who always loss. There is nothing wrong in loosing but in our two encounter I realized how powerful he is unlike me I'm just nobody.

I'm curious about his personality though. Everything about him make me confused. I barely know him. It's just his name all I knew and it will stay like that.

I wont dare to poke my nose to someone's life except my mom. Her case is far different from to that man. They are both nothing to me actually it's just I'm more intrigued to mom since we are related.

As for him I need to be completely free from him so I should hurry my departure. In that way we'll never meet each other again. I wish so.

My decision to leave this country will benefit me. The first one is to be away from Exur and second is to discover the hidden past.

Exur is a big threat for me, after the incident happened he was mysterious and I'm afraid what he's able to cause me. Judging is not my thing I just have a strong feeling that he will give me darkness I won't bare. In other words that's my first impression.

I took a deep breath then continue walking. Removing my horror reaction. I just don't want to be questioned by Bry since she knows me to the fullest. She can tell when I'm lying.

_____________________________________

"How was it? ", Bry asked as I slumped in the couch.

I glanced her until I decided to look away. I can't meet her eyes especially the way she look at me. She seems looking for an answer to my eyes. Her questioning look is what I'm avoiding.

" She cancelled.... ", I simply said and lied.

It's better this way.

" Oh.... She's really a bitch. I knew she wont cause you any good. ", She heaved a deep sigh and lend me an envelope.

It's the same from the envelope I received the other day. It's also scented, same color, same smell.

" Who gave this? ", I asked while looking to the envelope I'm holding.

" I just saw it in the doorway. I was about to open it a while ago but you know invading is not my thing. ", She answered.

Her words hit me. I felt bad for myself after hearing her answer. Yeah invading is not really good but I have to. I can't blame her though because she's unaware. That's her view and I don't have right to criticize.

" Coco are you ok? You zoned out sissy. "

I nod and gave her my smile. She look not convinced and worry is lingering to her eyes but I ignored it.

" Ahm... I'm not feeling well. I will head to my room. ", Now it's her turn to nod so I collect my bag placing the envelope inside.

I notice the way she look at the envelope. She maybe think I will expose it now.

As much as I want to open it with her but I chose not to. I don't know what's inside of it. I'd rather check it for myself first before I will let her see it.

Since I'm clueless. I will not take a risk.

I pushed my door and look around my whole room. For sure I will miss this all. My comfy bed, vanity, sofa set, walk in closet, my tub and my balcony where I go everytime I want to think.

This is silliness but that's me it's just not evident.

I just don't know if how long I'll be away. I just hope it won't take forever.

LADYKITTEL