CHAPTER 45 - 2

3rd Person POV

Under the velvety night sky, a sprawling garden transformed into a haven of opulence and elegance, setting the stage for an extravagant engagement party hosted by a distinguished bachelor. As the moon cast its gentle glow upon the meticulously manicured lawns, the air buzzed with anticipation and a sense of grandeur.

The entrance to the garden was guarded by imposing iron gates, embellished with intricate gold leaf detailing. As the gates swung open, guests were greeted by impeccably dressed valets, ready to assist them with their luxury vehicles. The pathway leading into the garden was lined with cascading fountains adorned with shimmering golden statues, evoking an air of regality and splendor.

The centerpiece of the garden was a magnificent marquee, standing tall with its ivory drapes billowing in the gentle breeze. Softly glowing crystal chandeliers hung from the ceiling, casting a warm, golden light upon the gathering. The interior was resplendent with lavish floral arrangements, featuring an abundance of rare blooms imported from distant lands.

A stage graced one end of the marquee, where a live orchestra filled the air with enchanting melodies, evoking a sense of timeless elegance. The dance floor, resplendent with polished marble, invited guests to twirl and sway beneath the starlit sky. Exquisite tables covered in crisp, white linens were adorned with delicate porcelain and glistening silverware, each meticulously set with precision and attention to detail.

VIP guests and influential politicians mingled, adorned in their finest attire, adding an air of prestige to the affair. The sounds of cultured conversations and the clinking of crystal flutes filled the air, as guests indulged in exquisite hors d'oeuvres and champagne, expertly served by attentive waitstaff, trained to cater to the most discerning palates.

Around the garden, lounging areas were meticulously arranged, featuring plush seating adorned with velvet cushions, offering a luxurious retreat for intimate conversations. Elaborate floral arches served as picturesque backdrops for guests to capture memorable photographs, while elegantly dressed photographers moved discreetly, capturing candid moments of joy and celebration.

The garden itself was a masterpiece, boasting meticulously sculpted topiaries, vibrant flower beds, and meandering pathways that led to hidden alcoves and ornate fountains. The fragrance of rare blooms mingled with the gentle breeze, captivating the senses and immersing guests in a world of natural beauty.

Soccoro Ricks

As I looked at my reflection in the grand mirror, I couldn't help but wonder when was the last time I was dressed up so extravagantly, from the gown, shoes, and even the jewelry adorned with large diamonds. The jewelry was also a point of contention earlier as he insisted that I wear his heirloom, which he said would be passed down to me as for their tradition.

I was about to argue, but suddenly her mother arrived, so I just gave in when Exur put on the heirloom, which would serve as the engagement ring. I had only been wearing the ring for a few minutes, but the weight of the commitment overwhelmed me. I didn't know what to feel anymore because fear, worry, and excitement were all mixed together. All I could do was pray that I would get through this evening and complete my mission of talking to Gavin without Exur interfering.

This is what everyone has been waiting for, according to Savy, who was here earlier helping me get ready. She mentioned that there were already so many people outside, all eagerly awaiting the moment when Exur and I would make our entrance. And during that time, I also found out that Savy is from another country, just like me.

The party is about to begin any moment now; we are just waiting to be called by Exur. My nervousness is growing as I anticipate this moment.

As I continued to stare blankly, lost in my own thoughts, Savy noticed my expression and nudged me playfully.