17 - No, I'm Carter

Start from the beginning

"I'm talking to you Victoria." He said tapping my shoulder.

"Can you shut up your mouth, you look a little bit smart that way." I snapped at him.

"You are always looking for a fight but I won't entertain one with you, I should have known trying to talk to you wasn't a smart move." He muttered.

"Finally admitting you are not smart." I smirked putting my earphones on.

We arrived at Wright's house in fifteen minutes, the driver was fucking slow it takes me seven minutes to drive to his house, maybe because he always have to behind the other car.

"You don't want to come out?" Hannah snapped at me as I came down from the car and watched as they all walk towards the door, they rang the doorbell twice before a petite woman came out with a smile on her face.

This must be his mom, I remember Wright telling me she's a lawyer.

"How are you Vivian?" She greeted my mom, dad, Hannah and Daniel with hugs and kisses on the cheeks.

"You must be Victoria." She smiled at me when I finally dragged my legs to the front door.

"No, I'm Carter." I corrected her.

"Victoria don't start." My father whispered to me, I could feel his eyes burning hole in the side of my head.

I turned back to Mrs Jones with a smile before walking inside the house quickly before she make an attempt to hug me or worst of it all kiss my cheeks.

"It's nice to have you all here." She smiled as we all sat down at their gigantic dinning table.

"This must be your daughter you just found Melvin." Wright's father said making me chuckle silently.

"Y-yeah." He answered, staring at me. "We are lucky to get her back, a family already found her and took care of her for a while before we could locate her, best day of my life." He said, laughing nervously.

"That's a miracle, must be a very beautiful moment. I'm so happy for you Vivian." Mrs Jones said wiping tears from her eyes.

What the fuck? Where is Wright anyway?

"Thank You." My mother muttered looking at me with pleading eyes, only if she know I don't give a fuck about the whole story they selling out.

"Poor child." Mr Jones said looking directly at my scar.

"Do you have kids Mrs Jones?" I asked her tired of waiting.

"Oh he will be here soon." She answered. "Look there he come." She pointed towards the stairs where Wright was coming from looking like a walking dead, the hangover dealt with his ass just the way I like it.

"Hey Love." she kissed his cheek, as he took a seat beside her which was in front of me, his eyes widened when he noticed me.

I gave him a look to shut his mouth up

"This is my son Wright. Wright this is the Duke family." She introduced us.

"Nice to meet you all." He smiled weakly, he look like he need his bed.

"Nice to meet you too." Hannah said quickly, looking at him like a plate of meal.

He just nodded before turning to me his smile disappeared immediately, I raised an eyebrow at him asking what's wrong.

"How are you?" He stretched his hand to me.

I sighed before putting my hand in his. "I'm fine."

"That's my daughter Victoria she's really smart and well mannered." My father cut in smiling at Wright.