Part 3

Words

1- Noli Me Tangere (Latin meaning Touch me Not) is an 1887 novel by José Rizal during the colonization of the Philippines by Spain to describe perceived inequities of the Spanish Catholic friars and the ruling government. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noli_Me_T%C3%A1ngere_(novel))

2- Tita (Filipino word) meaning aunt

After hours of seating the chair, the bell finally rings. Which means that we are going home. However, today I am going to the library to borrow a book and plan all about the play. While going there, I saw Agatha and her teammates walking inside the gymnasium, training perhaps. I am trying my best to hide from them as I am not in the mood to speak and greet them. As a rude lazy person, I hide near the locker and walk incognito. However, my incognito was ruin as someone grab my jacket and pat my shoulder.

"Hello, Franz!" Frida and Agatha greeted me and started laughing a bit.

I nodded them as well and continue walking going to the library. Agatha chase me and hold my arms.

"Where are you going?" she asked.

"I am going to the library and borrow a book," I answered.

"Okay. Bye!" and leaves me with that smile again.

The encounter was a bit random, yet happy as I finally got a chance to talk to her.

As I arrived in the library, I immediately went to the Literature section and get the book that I need, "The full Filipino version of Noli Me Tangere." The book only provides a summary of the story and I want to understand the whole story for me to write the script of the play. Since we are now going to have our Christmas vacation next week after the exams.

Once I found the book, I went to the circulation downstairs and borrow the book for me to read to the whole three weeks. I went outside once I can bring outside of the library. I started reading the book while walking in the hallway, not thinking where I am walking or might bump into someone. Despite walking on the side of the hallway, I still able to bump into someone. The book falls on the book and I stumbled on the cold floor.

"Franz are you okay?" he asked. He helped me to stand up and pick up my book.

"Yes. I am okay. I'm sorry." I bashfully apologized.

"It's okay," he replied while giving me the book.

"I bet that you are busy writing the script for the play. Can I suggest something to you? I do not think sleeping to finish that will help you to write a script. We only have four months to prepare."

I listened to what he is going to suggest to me. He leaned near to me and started to talk with a modulated, calm voice. "Franz, you can just read the summary of it. I understand why you get the book because it will help to the dialogues and understand the story even more. But please don't sacrifice your vacation for doing that."

"Thank you for that. But I need to read this all because I want to understand the whole story and the motifs why is this written. No worries! I can finish a book in a week, depends on how long it is. I can finish this for... for nearly three weeks. Just in time in the resume of our classes."

"Okay. If you also need some help in the props, I can help you to make the props on the play. I can draw and paint. I can also write a script so I can also help you." He offered.

"I do help in the props and backdrop in the play. I also need to look at the theater where we are going to perform. Our teacher hasn't announced where so I cannot plan yet on the design."

"I am happy that you are already doing something despite the performance will be in March."

"Thank you. By the way, what is your name?"