Chapter 10: Tu Jaane Naa

You're going to hate this chapter. Enjoy.

Shivaay was relaxing against the couch, waiting for some inspiration to strike him as he subconsciously played the notes of his new song. The song that he was writing for her.

'Meeting at seven tomorrow evening.' Neil's message popped on his screen and as if on autopilot, he picked up his phone and read through the stories that were circulating about them. Thankfully, none of the paps had managed to find her. She was safe.

The doorbell rang. And then, fists pounded on the marble door. He stretched lazily, wondering who was on the other side. Since he wasn't buzzed about anyone coming in, he could guess that it was a member of staff but why knock?

He pulled open the door, already cursing whoever was on the other side. His cursing and thoughts stopped the second he saw her on his door.

What was she doing here?

Dazed, he stared at the only woman whose arms he had cried in, standing in front of him in a red lehenga, decked in jewels. A deja vu made him worry.

Did Om marry another girl without telling them? Again?

Om had married Riddhima without telling anyone. And Riddhima had stood knocking on the door, waiting for an explanation when Shivaay opened the door, just like right now.

A crash in the distance broke their eyelock. He watched in horror as a body cannonballed into the living room window, smashing it into a thousand pieces.

Her hands involuntarily reached his shoulders, clutching onto them as she tried to pull him away from the flying glass and towards her.

As they twirled away from the window, there was a sound of glass shattering yet again as one more window broke down. She was now dragging him into a safe corner, behind a wooden almirah.

Her fists clutched him tighter as she closed her eyes in fear of the goons chasing her catching upto her. He stood still, shocked to see her again. He had tried searching for her after Riddhima's funeral but she was nowhere to be found. And he didn't know her name so there was a scarce chance of him ever finding out more.

Flashback

He entered the hospital in a hurry, looking around for signs of the lady who had his niece. She was supposed to be on the reception but she wasn't. Did she kidnap her?

"Was there a Shiv asking for his niece around here?" A voice asked the receptionist behind him. He turned so fast, he almost snapped his neck.

"That's me!" He exclaimed to an average heighted raven with beautiful browns. They narrowed in suspicion before she gave his phone a ring.

His phone rang in his pocket and he flashed it to her, stepping closer to ask her where his niece was.

"Where is she?"

"In the ward for infants. The doctor refused to give any information unless a blood relative comes up so I told them I was her mother."

"How is she?" He asked, his voice already shaking. Today was too much. He just lost a sister in law and now he was going to lose his niece too.

"She is fine. She just inhaled a lot of smoke. The doctor says we can take her home in a few hours."

"Thanks." He muttered, his thoughts still stuck on how much he wanted to be there for his brother. The death of the woman you love was the kind of shit that could drive Om towards drugs again.

The thought of that dark phase made him shiver. If there was one thing he hated in his life, it was the period where he had left Om to fend for himself, introduced him to drugs even. Shivaay wasn't clean but he could manage without a dose for at least ten days. His brother had fallen deep, needing a shot every time he painted something. Art and drugs had become synonymous to him once upon a time. He couldn't let his younger brother go back to that phase.