Chapter 8: Tera Yaar Hoon Main

I got busy and forgot to update. Sorry. Warning- this chapter is a mess. And brushes on dark matter like substance abuse and infidelity.

^^^^

Omkaara looked on at the car with contempt. He could've sworn he saw two of his brothers and three of the brown eyed princess in hoodie get in the car. But he didn't have two Shivaay and three of that aafat would make the world a battlefield for responsible parenting. She had chided him again in a club. What was she doing in a club anyway? Didn't she have other random people to lecture?

He knew he was wasted. He has been for a long time. Shaking his head in an attempt to get sober, he flagged down a bouncer. The shaking made him dizzy and now he was falling, straight into the pavement when the guard held him and dragged him home. Home sounded good.

Shivaay tried to sit still but he couldn't. His fingers itched to write something. He figured that creativity was rare and he shouldn't let this go. He took out the guitar from the secret chamber in his office table. Sometimes, when he is lost in the files, an idea strikes him and he has to record it before it floats away. He stays back until late those nights.

As his fingers mindlessly strummed the guitar, a mundane idea passed through his idea. He hadn't written a Hindi song ever but as he thought back to their dance, he realised that she would've liked a Bollywood song. With his fingers already creating a rhythm he sang his heart out to the phone recording his newest composition

Tanha Adhoora Sa
Khamosh Lamha Sa

He poured out his feelings at the moment as he thought back to the memory of her in his arms.

Thahra Hua Hai Dil Yaha
Mehsus Karle Tu
Jazbaat Ki Khushbu

His fingers stopped as he thought of how sweet it would be for her to bring the car back and kiss him right here as she claims that she wanted to stay right here. What would he say if she does that? He sang his thoughts again.

Khud Se Karu Kya Mai Baya
Dard Hai Jo Halka Sa
Khab Khab Chhalka Sa
Tu Muskuraye Har Jagah

He wanted to call out to her next. And Saathiya didn't sound good. Shona? Ew. Jaan? Jaana.

O Jaana
Khoya Khoya Rahata Hai
Dil Tadap Ye Kehta Hai
Tu Hai Mere Jeene Ki Wajah
O Jaana

He sneaked in the house at four. He wanted to sleep but the giddy feeling of writing their song kept him afloat. He decided to soak his feet in water for sometime. Maybe the water could calm him.

He was replaying all their moments in the last fourteen hours when he heard footsteps behind him.

Omkaara. He was coming from the mansion that he and Pinky resided in to go and check if his workaholic brother was up again. Only to find him looking into the pool with a different expression.

It wasn't melancholic but it wasn't rosy either. It was kind of bittersweet. Thoughtful.

Shivaay widened his eyes when Om sat next to him on their spot. The OBro meetings were something he dearly missed but like all of his emotions he kept it to himself.

"Thinking about something?" His brother asked with that smile. That godforsaken I know what you're going through kind of smile that always managed to get all of his secrets out in the open.

"What are you doing here?"

Om's eyes glinted with that light. That light that told him he had seen right through his pitiful attempt at vearing the conversation's direction. With a shrug, he plopped beside him as he said, "Thought I'd ask you what you were doing yesterday?"