Chapter 9: Find You Again

Shivaay Singh Oberoi entered the office with a scowl on his face. He had got no sleep and he didn't want it to show. Looking down at his phone, he could already see the headache. His band manager was calling him on the work phone. He should know better than that. And he knew that good for nothing fool would try to shout at him for the stunt that was all over the newspapers. But he didn't care. Because he knew better.

Kevin gulped. Someone was definitely getting fired today. He better reheat the coffee before giving it to him. With a gulp, he put it in the oven. He wondered why his boss had asked for coffee from that shop again. But he didn't dare ask. He wanted his job and life afterall.

"Get the accountant who has the Manchester file in my office. Make him wait for ten minutes before letting him in. And where is my coffee?"

"On your desk in a second sir! And sir, John's file is on the table."

"A second? Do you not like your job these days, Kevin?"

"Sorry sir. I'll write a write up sir."

Shivaay glared at him.

"I'll write it during my lunch break sir. In fact I won't eat today. I'll fast for my job sir."

Shivaay looked at him with an eyebrow raised, "Want me to offer you a sip?" He asked raising the cup.

"Right sir, I'll take your leave sir. And sir, John was troubling her sir. I checked the footage sir."

Shivaay messaged his manager that he'd call back in the afternoon before turning his attention to the cup. He had (hacked and) calculated the schedule and come to a decision that she had to have the morning shift every Wednesday, Thursday and Monday. So, he had made sure that his assistant got him the coffee that he needed to start the day.

It wasn't her coffee. He realised as soon as he sniffed the aroma. There was something missing. He tried to take a sip but he couldn't. He messaged Khanna to get him a Masala Chai as he frowned at his files. Today was a bad day.

Khanna rechecked the message for the third time. Masala chai? He only took Masala Chai when he was about to explode with anger. Does that mean the RSO Industries was blowing up today? Gulping he shot a text to Kevin, 'The weather report states that the downpour is going to be fatal. Code red. Don't get out unless you're forced to. Umbrellas will only make it worse.'

And off he went to get that dreaded drink.

"You are working overtime. My two year old nephew can make more attractive presentations with his pee. I need this done by tomorrow!"

"And what is this report even supposed to mean! I found two words spelt wrong and I have not even started on the writing skills. If I don't get this proof checked and better structured in two minutes, I am going to replace you with a nursery kid, labor laws be damned."

"Sir, you called me?" John poked his head in with fear written over his face.

"Yes. I want you to stop forcing yourself on uninterested women. And you're fired."

"SIR?"

"I can hear just fine, John. Get yourself a coach to teach you better office manners. And maybe get yourself a new face if you want to work in this city."

"That's the third termination of the day!" Kevin whispered to Khanna as he leaned his head on the bigger man's shoulder.

"Well, at least no one from the inner ring was fired-"

"Kevin get me the file of the HR manager."

"There! You unlucky oaf. Poor Teddy is getting transferred at the very least!"