Chapter One

Chapter one:

"Okay, look here's one in Tribeca for three thousand." Paige pointed out to a hopeless looking Carly. "That's still way too much. All the money I saved up won't even be enough to cover two months' rent. I'm going to have to work every minute I'm not in class until graduation." Carly put down the paper and rubbed her temples.

"Carly! Don't you dare think about not going!" Paige said while looking at Carly.

"I'm not." She said

"Good. Because you know how proud we are of you." Paige said while kicking Harlow in the leg to nod along. Up until then she had been busy eating her French fries and texting her little brother.

"It's just an internship,"

Paige stopped her before she could finish, "At Instyle magazine!" Harlow nodded, "Or you could just stay at the Waffle House as a waitress forever?"

Seeing the disgusted look at Carly's face Harls smirked knowing she'd proven her point.

Scrunching her nose up at the thought, "No, thanks."

"Yeah that's what I thought. Now hand me the paper beside you." Harls said pointing to the paper under Carly's elbow. The girls were so busy looking at the paper that they didn't notice Wade sit down next to Carly.

"Hey, babe." Dropping a kiss on Carly's forehead before smiling at Harls and Paige.

"Hi."

"Sorry, there were two drunk rednecks wrestling in the bathroom." Wade said turning to face Carly.

"There are no rednecks in New York." Paige said while looking back up from the paper to give Wade a look.

"No there isn't." Wade answered looking uncomfortable which made Carly glare at her as the atmosphere got extremely tense. Thankfully Paige broke it. "Well, I'm going to go see what Blake's doing," as she got up fixing her shirt she took note of the car he was in, "he seems to like that car more than me nowadays."

With Paige gone, it was just the three of us sitting there in awkward silence.

"On that note I'm going to go find my guys." Smiling down at the two she set off to see what Nick and Dalton were up to. She stopped at the door to see him picking on a poor homeless man with Dalton right beside him with his video camera.

"Babe, leave him alone! "Harls yelled walking over to Nick trying to pull him away. But Nick being the dick he is had to go and kick the cup out of his hands. Glaring at him she got 50 dollars out of her bag, giving it to the man, "I'm sorry about him." Walking back towards the table with Nick and Dalton following she ignored him. As they set down Nick grabbed her waist pulling her close.

"I'm sorry." Nick whispered in her ear.

"No, you're not." Harls said but she still let him hold her close. Before he could say anything back Wade interrupted.

"So, what do you think guys? Gonna be a sweet game tomorrow huh?" he nervously said trying to break some of the tension.

"Yeah," Nick mumbled. Harls elbowed him in the ribs trying to keep him from saying anything further.

"Dalton please don't film me." Carly covered her face in attempt to get Dalton to turn his camera off.

Acting like nothing was going on Dalton spoke, "What," laughing, "I'm not filming now."

"The red light is on dumbass." Harls said, while kicking him under the table hoping he would just turn the damn thing off.

"Put the camera down," Nick said while pushing the camera down towards the table, "She doesn't like having people in her face, she folds under pressure."