Chapter 43-Untold Battles

The blade flicked into Ruby's arm, the white dagger tinting with the cardinal liquid that seeped out. She staggered back, her eyes flashing with a look of horror and betrayal-the same look we had at the labrynith. Her feet slipped back as the thud threw her off balance, the lights dancing in front of her eyes.

"It'll hold her back for only a second, we need to get out of here, Tartarus rigged the entire thing to blow in case any of you ever came back, let's get Rachel and pray to the gods that we can get out of here before we're blown to smithereens."I commanded, wiping a bead of sweat and a trace of mascara off my eye.

Nic and Bridget were already running back, dashing at full length. Peter winked at me and followed them, only Kelsey lingered behind them. Her hair was straightened to her shoulders, and her eyes looked at me with a smile traced on her lips.

"You are bloody hell crazy."

"I know I am but what are you?"

I flashed a smile.

"Lacey, god dang it."

"Kelsey I think we might die, we should probably go."

"I know that genius, its just. . .what are you wearing. . .jeez. . ."

"We can discuss my interesting choices of clothing after we save the world, as long as my schedule has room for it after getting medical attention, but maybe we can find a time for that."

Kelsey laughed.

"I missed you shoelace."

"Missed you too, KK, now run before we die."

~~~~~~~~

"RACHSASSY!"I screamed.

Rachel laid on Marc as blood fell from her stomach, and she smiled at me and then frowned.

"What the hell are you wearing?"

"OH MY GOD SHUT UP."I said,"THERE ARE MORE IMPORTANT THINGS THEN WHAT I CHOOSE TO WEAR CHILDREN!"

I hugged her, careful not to hurt her. A drop of her blood fell on my tights and I realized that she needed attention, now.

"The pegasus are outside."Nic said, running back panting.

"You say what now?"I looked up, praying he hadn't said the p word.

Bridget looked at me funny.

"We're taking the pegasus back, to Camp. . .?"Her voice trailed off like a question.

I looked at her like she was crazy.

"Hell nope."I stood up."Lacey Winters does not ride on pegasi. I'll take the bus guys."

Peter sighed.

"Don't worry everyone, I've got this, just start getting on the pegasus."

I backed away but in a flash Peter had thrown me over his shoulder, walking to the pegasus outside, with everyone ahead of us.

"PETER MATTHEW DELACOURT PUT ME DOWN THIS INSTANT YOU IDIOTIC LLAMA WITH NO LIFE AT ALL."

I screamd other things as well, but need I remind you that this is a children's tale. 

Before I could open my eyes, I was sitting on a white pegasus, with golden wings that spread out in a take off stance.

"Crap."

In moments, the air knocked the wind out of me, as we dazed at the speed of thousands into the air. The moisture catching on my cheeks and the wind blowing my hair like a majestic hurricane that did wonders to the frizz.