Chapter 15~Rachel No

"What the heck?"Kelsey exclaimed.

She was the only one I trusted with bandaging my arm but with the combination of her anger and crazy hard grip, I was terrified. Bridget had a heating pad on her leg. Nic and Rachel stood beside each other. Luke was standing beside me, in his overprotective brother mode.

"Can you guys tell me again what exactly happened?"Rachel asked.

"Okay, we were talking about camp half blood and some stuff."Bridget explained."And the window frosted. Like seriously ice formed everywhere and then a spilt second later, it cracked open."

"Yeah,"I nodded."And then the door burst open and that witch came in, screaming about chaos and stupid stuff."

Bridget shot a look and Nic gasped.

"Chaos?!"He said."What type of chaos?"

"She said the camps would erupt in chaos if we didn't defeat the Minotaur."Bridget said."That's all."

I tried to hide my shock. Why wasn't Bridget telling them the truth?

She looked at me and I understood her expression.

We can't trust anyone.

"And she said she wanted me and the other one."I said.

"That could mean you and one of us right?"Rachel said.

"Well it's not me, because she tried to kill me, she wounded Lacey."Bridget said.

"And she tried to freeze me when I attacked her as a wolf."Nic added.

"That leaves Kelsey, Rachel, Luke and Ruby...I haven't seen her."I pointed out.

"She's a loner at the cabin."Rachel added."I wouldn't worry about that."

"I don't think it's me since if someone were targeting demigods why would they choose two children of the same parentage? It won't make sense."Luke added.

"So me or Rachel?"Kelsey asked.

"Three will fall."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I couldn't sleep. No matter how often I turned or tossed, nothing fit. Every time I shut my eyes, the darkness filled me. Khione's eyes looked at me, searing with anger. Next came the image of Bridget, taken aback by the burst of ice. And Nic...almost killed just trying to save me.

I sat up quickly.

No. No ones dying for me. Not ever again.

I threw on my leather from the chair and left my room. I needed air.

Outside, the deck was cold with fresh air and the night sky shimmered with stars and moons. I leaned on the railing and took a deep breathe. I needed Rachel or Kelsey. I want over to their rooms, calm and collected but screaming on the inside.

"Rachel?"

"Lacey she's gone."

"Kelsey what?"

"She's gone. Oh my gods she's gone."

"Kelsey what the heck are you saying?"Tears welled up in my eyes.

No no no. Not my Rachel.

"Look."

The room was dark. I couldn't see much, but I saw an outline. A beautiful girl who had fallen on the ground. Surrounded by the tablets of blood and the pills. I put my hand over my mouth, Kelsey was in tears. I couldn't stand. I couldn't look at her. My Rachel. My beautiful Rachel. The one who made me laugh. The one who I talked to everyday. The one who was always there for me. No. No. She can't be gone. She wouldn't leave me. She would never leave me. This isn't true. This isn't real. I looked at Kelsey once more and I ran.

The Unpredictable Five (wattys 2014)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें