Chapter 19~RACHEL THE OWL TWEET

I heard a quick scream and then the voice disappeared. I picked up my dagger and held it tightly.

She wasn't real.

I don't know how but a fade of guilt overcame me.

She was real. She wanted happiness. I could've done it. I killed her. It was my fault. Again.

I kicked the dirt and stood up. A flutter of wings caught my attention as I was whacked by the feathers of an owl. I shooed it over but it pecked my hair again. I then preceded to whack it until it talked.

"Help me."It said.

I stopped and exhaled. That voice. It was cool and familiar. The same homesick girl from Seattle. My Rachel.

"RACHELLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!"I flailed my arms and nearly killed her.

I huggled that owl so hard.

"Can you help me?"She asked."I don't know who I am or what I'm doing."

I frowned.

"Okay first, you need to become human because I can't take you seriously as an owl."

She tweets and glows as her body reverts back to a teenage girl.

I slap her.

Hard.

"What was that for?!"She asked.

"Thinking you could eat those pills and leave me."I said back.

"I don't remember any of that. I'm Victoria by the way."She says, extending her hand.

"No you're not."I slap her again."You're Rachel and Im Lacey. I'm your best friend."

She looks angry. But I shove it off, I'm not in the mood to annoy her further. It was getting late now. People would be looking for us.

I walk with her and search for Kelsey. Of course, she's nowhere to be seen. Just my luck.

"I'm sorry. I just-I'm trying to remember okay?"She said.

I screamed in my head. I hated this. I would've said more, but a loud growl came from my right.

A dark wolf, about as tall as my hip, approached. It's eyes were bloodshot red and it's face was in a low growl, dark and easy. I stepped back. It sneered.

"Easy there tiger."I put my hands forward.

Rachel pulled out a dagger. We didn't move. The wolf circled us. It sneers and leaps forward. I scream and turn, but it shifts into a boy and awkwardly falls on the floor.

"Nicholas Griffon."I said."What are you doing?"

"I was trying to save you."He said, brushing off the dirt.

I slapped him.

"She does that often."Rachel commented.

"Wheres Bridget and Kelsey?"I asked.

"Kelsey was never here. Whatever came with you, it wasn't her. And Bridget's been gone since you left."He said.

"What do you mean?"I asked.

"Oh it's just the gods messing with us."He answered."We'll find them soon."

I sighed.

"I actually miss Bridget and Kelsey's stupid puns and corny laughter."

Nic laughed.

"Let's get our friends back eh?"He said.

I smile and Rachel gets high on pixie stix.

"I do say I accept the challenge."