LV. Thirty-One Days And Counting

LV. THIRTY-ONE DAYS AND COUNTING

I shoot up from my slumber due to the loud excruciating noise of what I can interpret as yelling coming from beside me

I shoot up from my slumber due to the loud excruciating noise of what I can interpret as yelling coming from beside me. I sit up from the floor and look over towards the noise which happens to be coming from Hannah.

"Hey Hannah, what's wrong?" I ask trying to be as calm as possible even though it's the middle of the night. Not even a second later Betty comes rushing down the stairs and walks over.

"He's coming. The Gargoyle King, he's coming to kill me!"

"Hannah, hey, hey. No, he's not, Hannah. It was just a bad dream, okay? That's all over, remember? The Gargoyle King is dead." I watch as Betty comforts the girl. I feel so bad. Not knowing that Betty was at that place or all these people. I wish I had known so I could have at least helped her.

"The Gryphon Queen, she slayed him. She saved us." Tyler pitches in all the others now awake due to the noise.

"Exactly, Tyler."

"Okay, but since we're up, can we play?Please, Betty, it really does make us feel better."

"-Please, Betty."

"-Please."

"Okay, just one quick round and then back to bed."

"Are you sure that's a good idea? Just thinking about that game gives me nightmares." I ask Betty as she stands and goes to get the box.

"I have no-..Wait...What is this?" Betty asks as she turns around while she holds up a small packet showing it around the room so they can all see. I furrow my eyebrows in confusion before standing from where I had been asleep and slowly walking over to Betty who is in the middle of the living room.

She hands my the packet so I can get a closer look. The bright red, blue and yellow design instantly sparking memories. "Wait this is what they look like?" I question flipping it over as I begin to remember something like this.

"Yes- and Who does this belong to? Huh?"

"They're Tyler's." Hannah says I look over at Tyler then Betty who looks at Tyler.

"He's been taking them."

"Tyler..." I say softly he looks at me scared at what the consequences.

"Where did you get the Fizzle Rocks?"

"A Serpent. I think what's they are called..." Betty looks over at me and I shrug a little.

"Did they have a name?" I ask he shakes his head at me. I look over at Betty who motions for me to walk with her into the kitchen.

"Any idea?"

"I haven't really been keeping an eye on the serpents lately.-Sorry I know I promised Jug to be some sort of a leader while he was gone and I did but not recently..I should have been more aware and stuff."