X. Moving On & Returning

X. MOVING ON & RETURNING

 MOVING ON & RETURNING

𝐄𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝

"Thanks for inviting me for breakfast even though I would have come in anyways," I say hugging Betty the both of us laugh. 

"Right. I've been meaning to ask, how did you get in yesterday?" Betty asks I smirk before pulling out the spear key in my pocket. 

"You still have that?!" Betty asks shocked. 

"It never leaves my side," I say putting it in my pocket and tapping it. 

"Your so weird I don't even have a key to your house," Betty says 

"That's because you didn't win the bet," I say 

"Ok but what ten year old asks for a key to someone's house?" The both of us begin to laugh again. The door bell rings and I look at Betty confused. 

"Did you invite someone else? Wow and I thought I was special," I say she rolls her eyes at me as she opens the door to Jughead. 

"Ew it's you?" I say 

"Hi to you too," Jughead says I roll my eyes.

-

"So, Jughead Delia I suppose we have you to thank for Betty's ongoing obsession with this Jason Blossom ghoulishness?" 

"Actually, Mom, I was the one who asked Jughead to help me write it for the Blue and Gold." 

"Relax, Betty-." 

"And I just joined in. For you know Fun," I say stabbing my fork slightly aggressively into my bacon. 

"I'm just making conversation." 

"Do you guys have a bathroom I could use?" Jughead asks 

"Sure, I'll show you." Betty offers the two going to stand. 

"No, no. I'll show him." Alice says standing along with Jughead. 

"Follow me Jughead." Alice leads him to the bathroom. 

"You know despite her angst she is quiet a good cook. Not amazing, god no, but better than I thought. But my dad though, definitely top notch." I say Betty laughs at me shaking her head at me. 

-

I'm sat in the auditorium watching Archie audition for the Verity Show. I came because I heard how nervous he sounded and I wanted to come for some support.

"And what will you be auditioning with?" 

"Uh, an original song that I wrote called I'll Try." 

"Try harder! Maybe try not sucking so much." Reggie yells the other bulldogs laughing. I turn around and look at them. 

"And I'll try not to break your hand but you know us Andrew aren't good at trying aren't we so you know maybe I'll do just that?" I threaten