XIX. Now Or Never

XIX. NOW OR NEVER

 "No, no, no, no

"No, no, no, no." Archie mutters as both Dad and I make our way downstairs and into the kitchen where Archie is attempting to cook.

"Do we need a fire extinguisher?" Dad asks as we see smoke coming from the cooker.

"I think we need the whole fire brigade," I say coughing Dad chuckles slightly.

"What are you doing up? I was going to bring you breakfast." Archie Says

"I appreciate it, son. But I've gotta get to moving around sometime." Dad Says

"So what am I to you? The gym under your foot?" I ask as Archie hadn't even offered to make me anything. Rude am I right or am I right?

Dad looks over at the island noticing the energy drink on the side.

"Little early for that, isn't it?" Dad asks

"No, I'm good. Dad, the only thing you need to be worrying about is getting better." Archie Says. He then takes his phone out of his pocket.

"Crap. I gotta take this. I gotta go. Bye." Archie says quickly before rushing out the kitchen.

"Should I?..." I say pointing to the cooker gesturing for me to make breakfast.

"Yeah..."

-

"No one was there. His entire staff quit." Jughead starts as the five of us sit on a bench outside.

"He says he's not sure how long he'll be able to keep the doors open, maybe not even a week."

"It's because of what happened to my dad. People are freaking out. And I gotta be honest, guys, I don't see myself going back any time soon." Archie Says Veronica rubbing his shoulder in comfort.

"Wait, I'm sorry, am I hearing acceptance? I'm not letting one psychopath with a gun dictate what happens to our place." Betty Says "Jug, you went crazy trying to save the drive-in."

"I can't take on any more social issues right now. My hands are full." Jughead Says

"With your dad, of course. And he should be your priority. I'll take point on helping Pop Tate." Betty Says rubbing Jughead shoulder for a second or so.

"I'll help, too, Betty. Hey, anything to get me away from my parents, I'm in. What about you Dels? You in?" I think for a second before looking up and then looking from and to Betty and Veronica.

"I guess but if I feel weird I'm backing out," I say

"of course." Betty says fully understanding.

"Another Bee, Dee and Vee team-up.
They should really make a video game about you guys." Jughead Says jokingly I laugh slightly rolling my eyes.

"I gotta jet. I'm off to meet my dad's court-appointed joke of a lawyer at the sheriff's station."