LXX. The Thanksgiving Spent Alone

this was very much impulsive me deciding to properly end this book so this is the chapter before the last one which I'll publish tomorrow sorry if you've been waiting for this for like months I really didn't think I'd actually do this lol. <3333

LXX. THE THANKSGIVING SPENT ALONE

I started here a week ago and so the nerves are slipping away ever so slowly. I moved in fairly quickly, not taking a lot of my things from my room back at home to the dorm room. Dr. Elle min thinks it's because I fear finally committing in staying, but really the thought of luging the rest of my things here only for me to have to pack them all back at the end of the year seems like a small drag.

The people hear at Nescott aren't bad nor are they amazing. They all seem to have formed their own sort of collective, and really that's the best and only way I can describe it. It's pretty weird if you ask me.

Of course, like at Riverdale High, you have those who are the most popular and who ultimately think everyone adores them but I know it can't be completely true, right?

Heather is one of these people, the person, if you will. Unlike other popular mean girls, Heather isn't much to it. Yeah sure, she'll tell you to move out her way if you are in fact blocking the hallway but she isn't one to associate with those other than her best friends Bella and Gigi, and those who are here at Nescott for sports. So typical in that sense I guess.

I should mention Nescott isn't just a music academy, I am just in the music department. There is also sports, drama, dance, and literature, all with their own sections/departments at Nescott. People in those designated areas normal stay in their regains but drama likes to mix with literature and dance likes to mix with music. Realky there is no rule about staying in your areas at all time but I guess it's your own choice.

Oh! My roommate, Taylor, is actually nice and super welcoming, which is a relief, I was worried I'd spend all year silently sitting in my dorm. She enjoys having roommate after her last one just up and left mid-way through the year, unknown reason why apparently. She's not like any I know back home, she's sort of like me but not me now, old me before all the other things.

"Have you done Mr. O's homework?"

"Mr. O...Biology? Yeah." I say not looking up from my paper as I neatly write up my notes from today's chemistry lesson.

"Okay so, a guy comes into a hospital and can't walk straight and is always leaning to his left, what part of the brain could be effected?"

"The cerebellum."

"I knew it began with a c!" She says as she quickly jots it down and then slams her book closed. I do a slight eye roll as I've noticed the girl always seems to do this in a way to announce to everyone she has finished. It then goes silent and remains silent for a little while, a suspicious while.

"You are staring at me again aren't you?" I question not getting an answer so I put down my pen and swivelling my chair around only to see she's sat on the edge of her bed staring directly at me. I smile at her as she smiles widely at me.

"So, you got any plans for Thanksgiving?"

"Uh, well I should be heading back home spend thanksgiving with my friends and family, you?"

"Oh great-" she breathes out relieved. "I thought you were going to be staying here I would have felt super bad."

"Why would you think that?" I question after a little laugh at her comment.

"Well not to be one of those people but I heard you on the phone complaining to..who knows but someone back home clearly."

"Oh..well it's just my mum being overprotective." I say tucking my hair behind my ears as I shake my head in a way to say 'it's no big deal, don't worry about it'.