LII. The Great Escape

LII. THE GREAT ESCAPE

"Jug, you won't believe the story my mom told Dels and I last night

"Jug, you won't believe the story my mom told Dels and I last night." Betty says as she jumps off the ladder leading down the bunker I following as I now make my way down the ladder and into the bunker.

"Jug, what are you doing?"

"Sweet Pea? Fangs? Toni, Cheryl? You guys aren't-"

"It's all making sense. All of this is becoming clear." Betty and I look at each other confused. "The game, the Gargoyle King. I'm on Level Three, but it's only a matter of time until I ascend. And I get to meet him."

"Ok but does he or does he not sound like a total crazy man?" I mutter to Betty.

"Yeah a bit." Betty mutters as the two of us look at the five of them confused, concerned and slightly scared.

"A bit? Betty his eyes twitching."

-

"So my dad played G&G in high school, huh? Of course, it makes so much sense." Jughead says touching his chin. After telling Fangs, Sweet Pea, Cheryl and Toni to go home we began to told Jughead the exact story Alcie had told us.

"All of our parents did." I answer tapping my finger on the table.

"And they swore each other to secrecy, but, Jug, while they were playing, one of them killed their principal back then, Felix Featherhead, either accidentally or on purpose, but, he had blue lips."

"Just like Ben and Dilton..."

"Which is why all of this has to stop..."

"Betty, the fact that our parents played G&G just corroborates what I've come to believe, that we have been playing this game for a lot longer than we know. And off-board. Think about it, the Hot Dog rescue, what was that, if not a quest? The Serpents, the Ghoulies, what are they? If not warring tribes, might as well call us orcs and goblins."

"Okay, you're not making any sense." I say waving my hands around stopping him from talking all his nonsense.

"And you're also not listening to anything that we are saying. We have nine suspects that are all real, tangible leads. One of our parents could be a murderer, so let's go investigate them." Betty says

"You're not seeing the big picture. 'Eldervair' the realm of Gryphons and Gargoyles is an anagram for Riverdale. The whole game is an analog for Riverdale. The game only exists in Riverdale. That's why we couldn't find it on the web."

"Okay, well, that is a weird coincidence.What about your friends, Delia from Chicago you said people there played it?"

"Yeah. I check my sources see what I could find about it."

"It's not a coincidence, it's all connected. It's all one big narrative that's still being written and played."

"Okay, you need to calm down," I say placing a hand on the bridge of my nose.