CHAPTER FIFTY FIVE

Quote of the day : Running away doesn't solve anything, when will you learn Ashley.

   Ashley picked up the only suitcase she intended to leave with, and stepped out of her room to see Chloe. She had taken the day off today, although she made it known to her that she would like to go to the airport alone.

     She stared at Chloe's face longingly, not wanting to leave her, but Chloe in turn collected her suitcase, taking it out of the house.

   When she got out, she saw that the cab she had hired was already waiting for her, the driver got down to place her luggage in the trunk of the car, and got back in. She turned to face Chloe who looked too sad to comprehend, and she also felt the same. She was going to a place where she knew no one, and her Chloe wouldn't be there also.

     "Call me once you land."

     "No, I won't," Ashley said sadly. She hadn't told Chloe that her leaving also meant she was cutting off all connections with the people she knew, she needed to start anew. Stupid, she knew.

     Chloe's face got scared at first, but she soon replaced it with a smile. "Okay,  I will let you off because you might be tired when you land, so call me everyday after that."

     "No, I won't."

     "Twice a week?" Chloe asked with a grave voice now.

     "No."

   "Once a week?"

    "No."

    "Then, once a month?" Chloe asked with teary eyes now, and her heart cried also to see her friend this hurt.

    "No."

    "How about, once a year?" Chloe asked, tears fully streaming down her eyes. Ashley's heart tightened as she saw this.

    "No," she said, trying hard to stop the tears that threatened to spill out.

    "So this is it, goodbye?"

    "I'm afraid so." She answered sadly, and went over to hug Chloe's shaking body. "I'm sorry Chloe."

    "If after a year you don't call me to let me know where you are, I will get my parents to find you out." Chloe said sobbing into her clothes.

     "I'm glad you plan on reconciling with your parents," she said instead with a smile.

    "Won't you atleast let Greg know you are leaving," Chloe said, pulling out of the hug.

    Her heart clenched at the mention of Greg's name, a name she was not fit to mention. "He doesn't want to see me Chloe."

    "Atleast he sho..."

   "Chloe, I will miss you." Ashley interrupted Chloe, not wanting to hear anymore of Greg. She had hurt him enough, and didn't deserve to be around him. So he had no need to know she was going.

     "If you miss me too much, call me. Its your choice Ashley, you will always have my number. But if I miss you too much, I will just seat, and cry myself out in your room."

   She hugged Chloe one last time, holding her longer, She knew the cab driver must be getting impatient, but she needed to hug her one last time.

    "Take care of yourself, and your wrist," Chloe said lovingly like a mother hen. "Eat well, sleep on time, and look after your health."

    "Yes, mother Chloe."

   "Promise me you will be happy, come on promise me."

      "I promise you Chloe." She said. She had at this point gotten emotionally drained, she knew she had to leave fast to prevent herself from staying with Chloe. "Bye."