CHAPTER TWENTY ONE

Quote of the day:   I Just found out that the only thing that hurts more than getting hurt yourself is watching your loved ones get hurt, knowing there is nothing you can do about it...

   Ashley watched as Greg stalked towards her. She fought the urge to move back. She had really done bad by eavesdropping on him and his father. This conversation had been really sensitive to them, especially Greg. She felt bad, and very guilty, and more so, she was shocked. She knew Nora was important to Greg but she wouldn't have believed that she was his sister, Greg was known as the only child of Marshall.

   Even more, the guilt was tearing her apart. It took everything in her not to break down in front of Greg. Their family was this way because of her father, everything was because her father had wanted something he couldn't have. She knew she and her father had done damage to this family, but she didn't know the gravity until now. She felt so sorry for Greg, and Nora, and even more their mother who had to endure so much pain all because of her father's brutal lies.

  Ashley felt really ashamed at herself, she remembered how relieved she had felt when she heard that Nora wasn't Greg's wife, but she had no right to even feel anything for Greg, not a person like her who had been a great accomplice in ruining his family.

  She looked at him as he stood in front of her reading her expression, she knew he could see every expression, sometimes she just couldn't help it. She searched his face but his face was emotionless, she was scared she didn't know what he would do now. An hour ago he had been really proud of her and now he must be really disappointed with her eavesdropping, and he would be even more disappointed if he found out who she really was. 

   "I'm really sorry Greg..." Ashley was cut off when Greg enveloped her in a hug. She didn't know what to feel she hadn't expected him to hug her. At that point she broke down in tears crying into his chest. She knew how embarrassed she will be later, but she didn't care right now. In his arms she felt comforted, and she didn't care about any other thing. She wrapped her arms around him.

   Greg's hug held so much words and promises. She wondered if she was allowed to get so much from him.

   "Why are you feeling so guilty Ashley?" Greg asked. Ashley could feel his chest rumble as he said those words. She didn't know how to reply to do that, she felt guilty for a lot of things, and moreover right now, she wasn't sure she could talk without her voice breaking. "Its okay you know. I know how curious you can be, and you've always wanted to know who Nora was to me."

   "I'm sorry," she said into his chest. He laughed at that. She really wasn't expecting him to take things so slightly. "You always wanted to keep her hidden for a reason and I had no right to eavesdrop on you."

  Greg raised her from his chest and looked at her face. He had a smile on his lips, he cleaned her tears with his fingers which felt so beautiful. "I have always wanted to keep her hidden because of my father, but now he knows..."

   "How do you feel?" Ashley asked the question that had been tugging at the back of her mind.

   "I felt angry at first, then you walked right through the door chasing all my anger and hatred away," he said this with a sweet smile. She couldn't describe how she felt, there were butterflies playing around in the pit of her stomach, and her silly heart just kept on doing stupid flips.

   "I had no idea I wielded so much power," she said with a sarcastic tone.

   "Oh you do Miss Wells, now do me a Favour and get back to work..." He said in a dismissive tone. Ashley wasn't able to hide the hurt look from her face. "Now don't look so hurt I might be forced to ignore all work and pay attention to you alone, which I would love so much but the company Ashley, won't run itself."