CHAPTER TWENTY NINE

Quote of the day: You are you and nobody else can do better than you, you are good at been yourself, so don't try to be anybody else😘.

     Awestruck is what you would describe Ashley as when she stepped foot into Greg's house... no scratch that, mansion. Like how can a man be living alone in a house this huge. And he had no household employee. Now she feels like she can understand Greg better, it seems he loves his privacy more than anything else in the world.

    Well that was over an hour ago, now she was seated at the foot of Greg's bed, safely tucked into his warm chest, with his arms around her, she listened to his heart beat which she must say had a rhythmic pattern. Greg was awfully quiet, there was silence hovering over the face of the room, they were each lost in their own thoughts.

     "Greggy," Ashley called out silently. She heard Greg groan with annoyance, his chest rumbling beneath her. She almost couldn't stop her laughter but she was able to stop it, before it sparked the bipolar side of Greg.

     "Ashley," He called with a tight voice. She could tell that he was trying hard to be gentle with her.

     "You don't seem to be too happy with me," She said trying to hold back a chuckle. She knew he definitely wasn't the least bit happy with her, she had gone from 'Mr Marshall' to 'grumpy Greggy,' but she couldn't help it, she loved teasing him as much as he loved teasing her.

     "What do I have to do to stop you from calling me that?" He asked running his hand through her hair.

     "Nothing, absolutely nothing, Mr Marshall."

     "I still can't tell which of them I like you know, they both irk me...but what can I do its Ashley," he said. It had her laughing and soon he joined in, she stopped then and listened to his laughter, as she had said before his laughter still remains the most beautiful sound she has heard in her twenty three years of existence.

      "Do you really think she can cope with the outside world?" Greg asked and she grew silent. She didn't need to ask who he was talking about, she knew it was Nora. "She had never been able to fit in, it had always been hard for her."

    "Greg, it won't be hard, you will be here, I will be here, and there is Davis and don't forget Chloe, we will all be here for her Greg," and your father.  She wanted to add that, but she didn't, she really wanted Greg to reconcile with his father, the man wasn't to blame, although he made the wrong choice by believing a total stranger over his wife, but still.

    "Aren't you curious about how it all began? You seem not to be as curious as you used to be," Greg said with a quiet voice. He was so damn right, she wasn't curious about how it all happened, because she had heard it all from her father. It might not be the correct information, she knew firsthand that her father was a liar, but some of the things he had said must have truth in them.

    "I just don't want to pressure you," she lied. She could swear at that moment that she felt her heart tighten in her chest, it wasn't the first time she lied to him, but today was different, Greg meant more to her than he did before, and it hurt to lie to him.

     "I watched it all, I saw it all happen, even if I was too young to comprehend things then, my mum explained it all to me when she felt I could take it... It was hard," Greg said.  Ashley could sense what Greg was about to do, she knew he was going to tell her things, things she didn't want him to say, another part of her wanted him to talk, she needed to see things from his own point.

      "Greg, you don't have to tell me anything... If its too hard," she said squeezing his right arm that was wrapped securely around her waist.

     "I want to Ashley, I want to tell you anything and everything, I don't want to hide anything from, you are a part of me now even if I can't understand what that means really," he said. His hands seemed to have tightened around more around her waist.