CHAPTER ONE

quote of the day:
"Nothing is hidden but a treasure, nothing is found but a secret.

"Ashley." Ashley heard Chloe call her name again from her desk for the umpteenth time that day, like doesn't she get tired? She decided to finally look up at her friend, giving her a questioning look which got her speaking, "have you heard anything about the new CEO coming in today?"

Ashley hadn't really heard much about the new CEO, but she remembered some of the ladies discussing about it in the rest room earlier that day, and she hadn't been concerned.

She couldn't really express how she felt about a new CEO, she was so used to Mr Marshall and it had  shocked her when he announced that he was going to retire. She shook her head in response to the question Chloe asked this got her talking on.

  "He is the successor of our company, the only child of Mr Marshall, and I heard he is very hot." Chloe ended this with a squeal. It was a miracle no one else seemed to mind. Ashley looked around the large working space to see that everyone was busy working.

Ashley rolled her eyes at Chloe, it had always being about hotness, nothing else seemed to matter to her. She gave her the response she was expecting anyway, "so..."

"Are you a lady at all? You should have atleast swooned or something," Chloe said in frustration. "I don't know what to do with you anymore."

"Just don't do anything okay," Ashley said typing away at her computer. She understood Chloe's frustration over her clearly, but somethings are just not meant to be.

Yeah, you can call her a workaholic, but working had always being a means of escape for her. Yes! Escape. She had a lot of things she wanted to erase from her life, a lot of things she wished so much never happened. Her mood dampened a whole lot more as these thoughts swirled through her mind.

    "Is it back?" she heard Chloe's voice ask. The voice sounded very quiet unlike before. Ashley looked up at her and saw the look of concern on her face, she must admit she hated seeing that look. "The nightmare; is it back?"

     "No, I haven't had that in months," Ashley said, mustering up a smile. She had been lucky enough this past few months, her nightmares had stopped. Ashley knew that Chloe was still deeply curious about how she ended up having recurring nightmares, but she didn't probe. That was the most unique thing about Chloe, she would never pry, she would rather wait until the person came clean.

     "Then why do you have that troubled look?" Chloe asked again.

     "Nothing much, just random thoughts flowing through my mind," she answered.

  Chloe went back to her work after giving her one more disbelieving look.

  Ashley sighed and also returned to her work. Just as she was about to email the draft she had just completed to her boss, an email came in from the management for all staff to gather at the conference room, "what again!"

    "It must be about the new CEO." Chloe piped in from her seat as she stood up with so much eagerness, looking all happy. Her brunette hair seemed to bounce up with her as she stood up. "Come on let's go."

     Ashley was greatly surprised, this was the first time Chloe would be so eager to answer a call from the management. She also noticed that the rest of the staffs seemed to get up really fast, today must be a good day at 'Marshall enterprises.' Ashley on the other hand felt a little reluctant about standing up since she still had some unfinished task.

    "Come on Ashley, you don't wanna be late, do you?" Chloe whined.

   At this point Ashley had to leave what she was doing, and stood up.