CHAPTER FORTY FOUR

Quote of the day: Give it time, love will always find a way.

   "You are really cute I must say; your gray eyes, hair and everything about you is so gorgeous..." Davis said with a smile staring at the brunette who was pouting beside him. He knew she was definitely going crazy having to wait for the two detectives to get back from questioning the nuns again, but he was also feeling the same way, so was Nora beside him.

     "But..." Chloe said cutting him off.

     "You always know when there is a but right?" He asked chuckling.

       "Obviously," she said with an eye roll.

      "Well there is no but, I just find you attractive." Davis looked at the shocked look on her face that soon turned into a smile.

     "You are such a flirt," Chloe said.

      "Well its just harmless flirting," Davis said smiling. And it was indeed harmless flirting, he would never go pass the stage of flirting with girls, not when he had another girl in his heart. A girl whom he found so endearing to him, "but I know you also find me attractive so no need to ask."

      "Obviously, I have this weak spot for hot guys," Chloe said and this had them both laughing. It was good that she was laughing, and he knew she was right about having a weak spot for hot guys, he could tell by the numerous wallpapers in her room.

    "Its a pity Nora doesn't think the same way," he said glancing at Nora who was still brooding silently.

      "I just don't understand why Ashley and Chloe keep on saying you guys are hot, I admire hot guys, but I just can't seem to fit you and Greg into the picture." Nora said with a matter of fact tone. He actually felt a little hurt at that.

       "Really Nora?" He asked.

      "The detectives are coming," Nora said instead pointing to the two Seville brothers who were walking to them with a frustrated look. They all stood up straight from the car they had been leaning on.

      "How was it?" Davis asked going back to been serious. The detectives return had dumped the reason they were there back at his face.

      "Still nothing, the nuns claim to haven't seen anybody, and we couldn't find them in the grounds." Cade said.

     "But they are definitely here." Gage added.

     "There has to be something, they have to be here," Davis said pondering on it.

     "What if there is like a secret room or something in the church, maybe that is why we can't find them." Nora said. Davis thought it was unlikely for a church to have a secret room, but it could be true.

        "I think it is unlikely." Gage said with a finger on his chin, "but it seems like the only explanation now."

    "How do we know if there is a secret room now?" Nora asked. Her voice sounded so scared.

     "Well you guys are the detectives, find out." Chloe said looking at Gage and Cade.

        "We can't just go ahead and question the priest or nuns without making them feel uncomfortable, remember they still don't know what we are here for." Gage said trying to put some sense into Chloe. He could tell the detective didn't like her much.

       "I have an idea," Davis said as an idea came to mind.

       "What is it?" Cade asked.

      "The evening prayer should be over soon, we can get one of the nuns," Davis trailed off as he saw two nuns coming towards their directions. "Let me handle this guys, do not say anything." He saw them look at him with questions, but he knew what he was doing.