Chapter 29

IMPORTANT!!!! This is a continuation of another story. Part one is titled I Can Manage. It can be found on my other account, ObnoxiousAmerican. You're not going to understand anything if you don't go read the first part!!!!!! Cover art and other art is not mine, all credit goes to the original artists!!!

New York woke up with a pounding headache. He knew exactly what was happening. He was finally starting to feel the effects of the virus, and not just the medical related ones either. The economy had always taken a toll on New York, most likely because of wall street. He could feel all the sick people in his state, and the economy failing at the same time. Let me tell you... not the most pleasant feeling.

Unlike his father, York knew when to rest. He had an incredibly busy state, so he always had work to do. But he always knew when he needed to rest. Now was one of those times. Instead of stumbling out of his bed and into the chaos of the hellhouse, he decided to go back to sleep.

By some miracle from god, he was left interrupted. He was pleasantly surprised when he looked at the clock, which read noon, and none of his siblings had come to pounce on him yet. Despite this, he continuously felt worse. By the time 2 o'clock rolled around he was absolutely sure that he had a fever and was certain that if he had eaten breakfast that morning, it would have come back to say hello.

Yesterday, South had returned for the first time since the Civil War. The first thing NY did was shove his pistol in his face. I mean, rightfully so. York remembers the bloodstained battlefield vividly. All day his head had been fuzzy. He shot up in bed, finally realizing that the confederacy was in his home. Deep in his mind he knew that Dixie meant no harm and was no longer the confederacy, but his resolve to protect his siblings was stronger.

So here he found himself, a sweaty, feverish mess, stumbling down the hallway. He heard his dad's voice tell Virginia something about a movie and then picked up the sound of a door slamming. He stumbled into the kitchen a few moments later. Virginia and Jersey were sitting at the stools in the kitchen chatting when New York stumbled in.

Jersey nudged Ginny and pointed to York as he looked around as if searching for something, then trip-walked over to the cabinets holding the glasses. The two girls worriedly watched as he filled his glass, but then missed his mouth as he went to take a sip.

Jersey tenderly slipped out of her chair. "You ok? You look like shit." A little bit of her teasing nature filtered into her voice. She was answered by a tired "Fuck off." New York leaned against the edge of the counter, struggling to keep weight up. "York, I'm not trying to make fun of you. You're barely still standing." New York grunted as he started to hobble on back towards his bedroom. He pushed off the counter and went for the stairs. He made it three steps before his legs gave out, glass shattering against the hardwood.

Ireland's POV

I love my nephew. Well, I suppose it's nephews. I was never as close to UK's other kids. Not to say that I don't love them the same, I do. I would just visit America when he was little. America stayed in the colonies when he was young. Every once in a while, UK and France would come to visit him. Of course they would come separately, they were still fighting like cats and dogs at the time. I would often tag along with my future brother-in-law and my wife to come visit the little munchkin. I can vividly remember the first time I met him, a five year-old, wild bottle of energy. Immediately, I knew that this kid was going to drive UK crazy, no matter how much he loved him. Of course I took a liking to the kid, and he seemed to enjoy my company as well. That was the start to a relationship which has ended me up in the situation I'm in now, two drunk countries passed out in the back of my car and driving to some obscure address in the middle of the night. *groan* This kid is going to be the death of me...

Frankly, I expected America to live in a city penthouse or something like that, not in the middle of the woods. The houses became scarce the farther I drove. It seemed as if the GPS was just taking me deeper and deeper in the forest. Eventually the road became a small two lane road, think underbrush built walls on each side of the car. There was no evidence of civilization until I came to a large, open gate decorated in stars. It matched the address, so I just shrugged and pulled into the driveway. I came around to what looked like a large mansion. A grand garden decorated the front of the house. Tall roses climbed pillars, creating a mystical feeling. Flags hung from the countless windows, they were every color imaginable. They added a splash of color to the white sides of the house. All in all, it was a wonderfully designed, built and kept-up house. "You lads are livin' the high life." I commented absently to the two drunkards in the back seat.

Reaching into the back seat, I slapped America's foot. "Oi! Wake up, you're home!" He jolted awake, "Huh, what? Home?" I chuckled at him. "Yes, home. You two got drunk off your asses!" America grumbled. "Dang it. I really need to moderate my alcohol intake... Thanks uncle Ireland." He climbed out of the car. "No need to thank me, were family and I take care of my family." I said following him out of the car. Looking over at him, I noticed he had a weird look on his face, it was a mix of surprise and panic. He also looked suddenly sober. "What's wrong?" I asked. "It's quiet." He replied. "What's wrong with quiet?" I questioned. "It's too quiet. Something's wrong. Wake Dixie, I'm going to go check it out." America told me hurriedly before running into the house. "What the hell? What could possibly be wrong?" I said to myself. "He's just an overprotective father." A voice said. Looking over, I saw a half-awake dixie sitting up. "What did you just say?" I asked suspiciously. "I said he's an overprotective father." I felt my draw drop. "America's a dad!?"

I'm back Ya'll!!!

It's been like 3 months or somethin' like that!

Hope everyone is staying safe!

Love ya'll!!!