July 10, 2027

Depuis le début

A knock at the door. "Come in," Sam announced.

Peggy popped her head in. "Just so you're aware, Bucky was being anal, so I fixed it. You're welcome," she smiled and popped back out.

"There's that, then," I told Sam. "Looks like she really can do anything we can do, only better."

"She really is a special kinda woman," he huffed. "She married?"

I sent him a look. "Yes, she's married. She also isn't from around here."

"What do you mean?"

"Well, she kinda lives in the 1950s," I replied with a smirk.

"Psshhh, I knew that," he said, cocky.

I shook my head. "Can you go make sure Peggy helps the women get ready? Oh, and rally together the wedding party, we gotta head down soon."

"You got it, Cap," he saluted me and headed out.

About twenty minutes later, he came back with news that the ceremony was about to begin, so we headed downstairs and outside the building to cross the street over to the Brooklyn Bridge Park.

I was met with all my friends surrounding me as part of the wedding party- everyone but Bucky, who was waiting at the other end.

Everyone was paired with someone from the other groom's inter-gender party. This is all shown in the wedding pamphlet so everyone knows who is who- and everyone is introduced formally:

Wedding Party

Grooms
Steven Grant Rogers
James Buchanan Barnes

Best Man
Samuel Thomas Wilson

Steven's Groomsmen and Women
Wanda Marya Maximoff
Thor Odinson
Anthony Edward Stark
Clint Francis Barton
James Rupert Rhodes

Best Woman
Natalia Alianovna Romanova

James' Groomsmen and Women
Peter Benjamin Parker
Robert Bruce Banner
Shuri
Okoye
T'Challa

Flower Girl
Morgan Howard Stark

Ring Bearer
Nathaniel Pietro Barton

Officiant
Margaret Elizabeth Carter

And, so everything began.

It started with, after all the guests are seated, Bucky's party coming down the aisle. Then mine follows. The ring bearer is next, and then the flower girl. God, I'm next.

Everyone stood as I walked out into the open area. They watched as I walked down the aisle after everyone even though I wasn't a bride and was as much a groom as Bucky had been.

I met eyes with Bucky and felt all my nerves suddenly calm out of nowhere. His smile made me smile, and that tear I watched form in his eye made one form in mine.

I finally made it up there and locked eyes with Peggy for a moment as Bucky and I stood facing her before we began. I noticed how perfectly everyone looked around us, in line at either end of Bucky and I, as well as the rows of seats all set up.

Bucky and I wore black tuxedos and blue-grey ties, while the wedding party on both ends had women in full-length dresses that were simple and blue-grey with tulle bottoms and thin shoulder straps as well as men in grey tuxedos with blue-grey bowties to match the women's sashes. Peggy remained in her simple, formal, black dress from earlier.