Chapter Seventeen

Start from the beginning

Jeongguk couldn't look his mother in the eye, fearing her answer. He knew that it wasn't what she had wanted for him. She knew he was bisexual, interesting in both sexes, and before he left, she had stated that she wanted him to find a partner, have fun, fall in love, like a normal human being.

So many things had gone wrong, and he knew it. But he also knew that his mother had to know what was going on in his life. She was the person who cherished and raised him so lovingly, after all. 

"Are you happy?" 

Jeongguk's thoughts paused for a moment, considering her words. Was he happy? He thought hard about it, looking back on all the time that he had spent with Taehyung. The feeding, the sex, the cuddles, the kisses, the subtle touches, everything. 

And then he thought about what he had promised Taehyung. To give up his human life, his mortality, and become a vampire just like the latter male. With a soft sigh, Jeongguk smiled a bit, and finally met eyes with his mother. 

"I am, momma. He treats me so well. I can't say that I love him, but I really like him. He's sweet, and kind, he comforts me, he respects my thoughts, opinions, boundaries. He never pushes me to do things I don't want to, and he never dictates who I'm friends with, or where I go. Taehyung is everything I could have ever asked for in the universe."

His mother gave him a small smile before standing up. 

"He's outside, right?" 

Jeongguk nodded his head a bit, eyes weary as he watched his mother move briskly towards the door. She flung it open, and Jeongguk immediately jumped to his feet, running towards his mother as Taehyung and Namjoon stared at the door with curiosity. 

"Aish, momma~!" 

Blood filled Jeongguk's cheeks as he lightly grabbed her arm, preventing her from leaving the apartment, but it seemed to be useless, as she shook off his grip, and walked right up to Taehyung. 

The vampire's eyes shined with amusement as the woman pressed her finger against his cold chest. 

"You had better take good care of my son, Mr. Kim Taehyung. I may be a human, but that doesn't mean I can't smack you upside the head, got it? And if you love him so damn  much, you had better fucking marry him! Don't leave my boy with only a 'boyfriend' title, understood?"

Jeongguk let out an embarrassed whine as he gently pulled his mother away from Taehyung, his head tilted downwards as he mumbled out apologies only the two vampires could hear. However, his embarrassment disappeared as a soft, deep, melodic laugh left Taehyung's lips. 

"Don't worry, Mrs. Jeon. If you'd like, I can marry him right now. Or tomorrow, I can marry him whenever he chooses. After all, we're going to be together for a long, long time." 

The not-so-subtle hint that Taehyung gave off in his words made Jeongguk freeze up. He had just outed them; outed Jeongguk, about the human becoming a vampire. He hadn't even gotten to tell his mother yet, about the promise he made.

"Yah! I hadn't even gotten to tell my mother yet, and you just out me like that? Aish, you're so..." 

Jeongguk was pulled against Taehyung's well built chest, the male's arms wrapped carefully around Jeongguk's waist. 

"I'm so what, baby? Annoying, funny, stupid? Go on, say it." 

The vampire's voice was laced with amusement, he seemed to find the current situation quite entertaining. Jeongguk sighed, and shook his head as he leaned against Taehyung, his eyes drifting shut. 

"Just shush, Taehyung ah." 

Another soft chuckle left Taehyung, but otherwise, he did indeed stay silent. 

With a soft sigh, Jeongguk (reluctantly) pulled himself out of Taehyung's embrace, turning towards his mother with a guilty expression on his face.

When they met eyes, hers held understanding, and love. Her small smile, the same that Jeongguk had inherited, made him visibly relax.

"I understand what he meant, darling. No matter what, you're still my son, I'll always love you because of that simple fact. You're all grown up now, and you are free to make your own choices."

For Jeongguk, hearing that felt like a weight had lifted off his shoulders. He felt relieved and happy, so much so that he pulled his mother into a tight hug, burying his face into the crook of her neck like he used to do all the time.

She hugged him back just as tightly, but all too soon, they had to pull away as their time for visiting was ending. It was getting late, and Jeongguk had classes the next morning so he had to part from his mother for the time being.

With a few tears, and a lot of "I love you"s, Jeongguk watched his mother retreat back into the apartment, knowing she would be safe.

And with one last glance at the now closed and locked door, he turned his back to it, fingers interlocking with Taehyung's as they made their way back to the limo.

-----

Oh. My. Sweet. Namjesus.

I finally updated The Deal. I'm so sorry that I haven't updated in so long...

At first it was just lack of inspiration. I had drafted, deleted, redrafted, and edited this chapter for like three months because I couldn't decide how I wanted this chapter to go.

But on the plus side, the rest of the time was just because I got a job, and the custody battle over my stepbrother is finally over so there isn't too much stress anymore.

Although the place I work at now is seriously a shit hole, so I'm going to take a different job (It's the same duties I have at my current job, just at a different facility), and hopefully things will be better.

I'm going to put a new christmas chapter up in a few weeks, although I'll probably draft it sooner. I'm going to try and update all my stories when I can, but as it is I only have 2 to 3 days off per week so we'll see how that goes.

Honestly this chapter was mostly a filler, but Jeongguk's mom will obviously become a bigger part of the story as it goes on. This story isn't done yet, but I'm wondering if I could end it at a cliffhanger and then make the sequel the next part, showing Jeongguk as a newly turned vampire, and watching how all this stuff goes on.

I don't know if I've mentioned this yet, but from where things are now, it is still first semester, but he graduates at the end of second Semester, in May. So obviously I will have a time skip or two, and most likely another smut scene.

I also want to add that when I mentioned the thing in the story regarding the fact that Jeongguk believes Taehyung made him a blood whore, I will be adding on to that, including the official appearance of Yoongi in Jeongguk's life.

I will also introduce Yoonminseok in the coming chapters, I did want them to be the other side ship, as well as Namjin.

A good day/night to all(strongpowerthankyou)

Fighting!

Saranghae! 💜

-Jei