Chapter Nine

"Taehyung, what do you know about college?"

The vampire hummed a bit, eyes staring out at nothing before his gaze turned to Jeongguk, causing the human to blush at the soft look Taehyung sent him.

"Well, I've been asleep for a hundred years, so I would assume that college has evolved. Before, it was a place where women and men could learn to teach and men could learn other things, but it was rare for women to learn more than teaching. Everything else was considered a man's job."

Jeongguk cringed, letting out a small scoff.

"Well, things certainly have changed. You have to have a degree to get into almost any career. Photography, nursing, PHDs, psychology, engineering, technology... You name it, there is a degree for it. See, I go to college, and I have classes tomorrow."

"How are you gonna watch over me?"

Jeongguk watched as Taehyung pondered his question for a moment before smirking devilishly.

"Easy. I'll enroll. It can't be that hard, can it? Besides, this whole city is covered in vampire history. If there is a vampire in the college you go to, they will know who I am, and they will let me enroll without the normal process."

"Perks of being a royal vampire. What are you taking there?"

Jeongguk grinned shyly, snuggling closer to the vampire, despite how cold Taehyung was.

"I'm majoring in psychology, but I want to have a minor in both dance and photography. I want to be a psychologist, to help people who have been through the things I've been through. To help them get through their trauma. I'm sure I'll get through mine eventually, and I want my future patients to be able to do the same."

"I also want to have the minors in dance and photography because those are passions of mine. I'd love to have a side job as a dance instructor, or maybe a photographer. I want to earn lots of money so I can treat myself and my friends."

The other male only hummed softly, and Jeongguk did as well, choosing to keep talking in order to occupy the vampire's mind.

"By friends, I only mean three people. Two of them know about Kyunhae, one doesn't. The first is Jimin hyung. He's a true blooded Omega. He's very outgoing, sassy, sometimes even ridiculously demanding, but still sweet and kind. He's an amazing best friend, and I couldn't ever ask for more in a friend like him."

"The next is Jin hyung. Believe it or not, he's an angel. Obviously, his kind heart and loving personality shows his angel traits, but he is so different from the idea that humans like me perceive of angels."

"Jin hyung curses all the time, has a very eventful sex life, is a sassy queen, and very, very gay. But he's also got a mother-like side, sort of like Jimin hyung. However Jimin hyung's mother side is his natural Omega instincts. He can't really help it."

"The third friend is Hoseok hyung. We don't talk much. From what I know, he runs a small dance studio, and he's dating Jimin hyung. They aren't mates, but he's a magic user, and that has come in handy during Jimin hyung's heats."

"He can use magic to tame the effects, make it more bearable for Jimin hyung, because his mate isn't there to help him. Hoseok hyung understands that he can't help Jimin through his heats, and he never gets put down by the fact that he isn't Jimin hyung's mate. But they love each other, it's very sweet."

Jeongguk sighed again before yawning, and snuggling up to Taehyung, letting his eyes flutter closed for a moment.

"Taehyung... K-kiss...?"

The vampire chuckled, and leaned down, pressing his lips to Jeongguk's. He sighed in bliss at the feeling of Taehyung's lips on his, both just resting their lips against each others, not moving. After a moment, Taehyung pulled away, and then kissed Jeongguk's forehead.

"So we'll get up early, and get ready for your classes. I'll join you in all of them, just to make sure no one bothers you. Namjoon will drop us off and pick us up, so don't worry. As soon as your classes are done, we'll go to the place where your things are, and grab all that you want to bring with."

"We will get you all settled in, and I'll find you some place comfortable to do your studying and whatnot. How does that sound, my little human?"

Jeongguk nodded a bit, barely following what Taehyung was saying.

"Mm, okay... G'night, Taehyung ah... Please sleep, you'll need it for tomorrow."

Jeongguk nuzzled his face into Taehyung's neck before finally letting sleep take him, knowing that while he was in Taehyung's arms, he would have no nightmares, and only peace.