Chapter Twelve

The whole rest of the morning was spent with Taehyung casually placing claim on Jeongguk, and other vampires standing close by the couple, very obviously guarding the pair. 

But when it came time for Jeongguk's dance class, Taehyung could literally smell Jeongguk's fear. He was shaking, and his eyes were glistening with unshed tears. 

Taehyung let out a sigh as he slipped into the changing stall with Jeongguk, watching as the human changed into skinny jeans with black tape wrapped around each leg, alongside a sky blue t shirt. 

As soon as the younger was done changing, Taehyung gently pinned him against the wall, fingers gripping his chin. 

"My little human, please be honest with me. Do you not feel protected enough with me by your side? Your step brother won't ever hurt you again. I swore by it in our deal. I won't go back on my word." 

That was all it took for Jeongguk to burst into tears. He collapsed against Taehyung, hugging him tight as he cried. Soft, miserable sobs left the human, and Taehyung had no choice but to hold his human close, and comfort him. 

When Jeongguk's tears finally stopped flowing, Taehyung tilted his head down, and pressed his lips to Jeongguk's, taking charge of a fresh, sweet, hot makeout.

And within just a few minutes, Jeongguk was putty in Taehyung's arms; whimpering and whining softly, begging for more. Taehyung could barely hold himself back from giving the human what he wanted. 

However, he managed to, as he caught the scent of a human who had traces of Jeongguk on them. Immediately, Taehyung's calm features knotted into anger. He whipped open the stall door, only to see a male with black messy hair, bloodshot eyes, and a small smirk. 

"So, the whore strikes again. Finally got tired of being fucked by one guy? Is two enough for you? Or do you need another guy to fuck you?"

The anger Taehyung felt increased tenfold, and the air in the changing area stiffened. Taehyung could tell that the other human sensed the danger he'd put himself in, and that made Taehyung smirk. 

"Don't speak to him like that. Before you know it, my little human will be the one wiping the soles of his shoes off on you because he can. Don't underestimate the Kim Coven, human. You mean nothing to us." 

With that, Taehyung grabbed a hold of Jeongguk's waist, and led the human out of the changing stall, and into the dance studio where the other students were. 

As soon as Kyunhae was out of sight, Jeongguk relaxed against Taehyung, letting out a soft, tiny whimper of fear. 

"Taehyung... Please don't ever let me go back to that. Please, I- I never want to be treated like that again. I can't take any more abuse... I just- I can't... I'll fall apart completely, and it feels like you're the only one keeping me together." 

Taehyung sighed heavily, understanding how Jeongguk felt. The more time that Taehyung spent with Jeongguk, the harder it would become to keep the little human all for himself. Or maybe, that wasn't betrayal if Jeongguk wanted Taehyung to stay by his side forever. 

With a small hum, Taehyung sat down against the wall, watching Jeongguk stretch for class.