Chapter Two

He could smell it, the smell of blood. The sweet, distinct scent that he could almost taste upon his tongue. He could feel the sweet crimson liquid washing down his parched throat, warming his flesh, hearing the cries of his victim. 

His eyelids fluttered open, revealing his deep rosewood eyes. The woman before him was obviously a vampire. Her maroon eyes shined down on Taehyung, the woman biting her lip in a way that she thought was sensual. 

"Your highness, I am here to serve your every need. Do as you please with my body." 

Taehyung grimaced, immediately feeling disgusted as he sat up, arms shaking as he tried to hold up his weak body. 

"Come closer." 

His voice was dry, empty, and dark. The woman obeyed, and Taehyung immediately ripped into her neck, groaning at the calming feeling of her blood washing down his throat, and pouring into his veins. He continued to drink, enjoying her pained cries, until her body went limp in his arms. He had drained every last drop from her body, leaving her body to fade into nothing. 

Taehyung dropped the girl to the black marble floor, and moved to his feet, adjusting his navy robe, followed by running his fingers through his hair. He licked the blood from his lips, and ran his tongue over his fangs before beginning to move across the dark room, trying to adjust to being awake after a hundred years of sleep. 

A smirk spread across his devilish features at the sight of his loyal servant, who offered a deep bow, followed by a wine glass filled perfectly with blood. 

"Welcome back, your highness. How was your rest?" 

Taehyung shrugged. 

"Same as usual, Namjoon. Who was the slut that awakened me? I want you to awaken me next time. And instead of using the awaken-er as an offering, bring a human. Human blood tastes much better than vampire blood." 

Namjoon chuckled softly, nodding his head in understanding. 

"I'll remember that for the next three hundred years, your highness. Your brother has been awake for about a week now. As usual, he's left quite the mess for me to clean up. I'm glad that I can look after you now rather than Prince Yoongi, if I am to be honest." 

Taehyung chuckled softly before taking a sip from his wine glass, cringing at the light slapping sound of his bare feet touching the floor. 

"I don't blame you. My brother is a nuisance. I'll be sure to keep you busy so you don't have to deal with him. Where are we now? And what year is it? I'd like to explore my surroundings for the next two hundred years. And I'd like to find an interesting snack." 

Namjoon let out a soft laugh, straightening his posture. 

"The year is twenty-twenty, and we are in Seoul, South Korea. We are living in the old mansion that was once you and your brother's home. It has just been heavily updated to fit the lavish tastes of you and Prince Yoongi. Please inform me if something is not to your liking. I will have whatever it is fitted to your taste immediately." 

Taehyung only nodded a bit, eyes ghosting over the empty walls. Everything was a soft grey, with black marble floors, high ceilings, chandeliers, and massive windows covered by crimson drapes. They reached the stairs, which both had a bright red carpet lining on them, with brass railings curling around the spiraled steps. 

"Everything is splendid, Namjoon. Although I'm sure Yoongi has found something to complain about, right?" 

Namjoon let out another chuckle, followed by a soft nod. 

"Indeed he has, your highness. The layout has not changed, however, your living quarters, as well as Prince Yoongi's, have been upgraded in size and class. Your brother has already made a mess of his, but yours has been kept clean by myself, as I know how picky you are about cleanliness." 

Taehyung couldn't help but nod approvingly. Namjoon was only a year older than him and a year younger than Yoongi, but had spent almost his entire life looking after the pair. He knew them almost too well. Namjoon opened the double doors leading to Taehyung's room, and stepped aside, offering another deep bow. 

"I have laid out clothes fit for the time period. I tried to find something that would match your personal tastes, but the fine robes and vests are not accustomed to the era. I hoped for you to fit in somewhat with the humans so that you would blend in enough to find your next meal." 

Taehyung hummed softly as he gazed at the clothing that lay neatly over his satin bed sheets and royal purple covers, only offering a small smirk. 

"The times must have changed a lot for this to be acceptable in public. I will shower and then wear these. Do as you please, I will call you when I am ready." 

Namjoon bowed again, and discreetly left the room, leaving Taehyung to his personal activities. Thirty minutes later, Taehyung stood before his full body mirror, gazing at himself in the new clothing. He sported black jeans that had holes in the thigh and knees, with a silvery grey shirt that was neatly tucked into the waistline of the jeans in the front, followed by a pair of black shoes. 

His black hair was still damp, falling over his forehead in messy waves, and his red eyes stood out among the black clothes and his hair. His skin had regained the beautiful, sun-kissed color it once had, followed by clear, unblemished flesh. 

His jawline wasn't as sharp as he would have liked, and his cheeks were a little sunken in due to the lack of blood, but overall, he looked like a meal in itself. With a small sigh, he finished off the last of the blood in his wine glass, and called out for Namjoon, ready to leave the mansion, and explore the city in hopes of finding his first victim.