Chapter Three

As he was falling, a hand grabbed his hoodie and shirt, holding him up above the edge of the water. Immediately, regret filled him, and he started to sob heavily, body shaking like a pitiful leaf. 

"P-please, I-I ch-changed my min-d! I-I don't wanna kill myself!" 

In an instant, he was flung back to safety, landing on his side on the hard, cold ground. Above him stood a god-like male, dark, wavy hair covering his forehead, adorned in sexy, yet somehow fancy clothes. 

His eyes were a deep shade of crimson, glaring down at Jeongguk as he cried softly into his hoodie covered hand. 

"Why do humans do this kind of thing? Why do you think your life is so utterly pathetic that you would want to end it? Some beings don't get that kind of fucking courtesy, to just die. Understand?" 

Jeongguk shook his head slightly, already understanding that the man above him was one of two things; an Alpha wolf, or a vampire. Unfortunately, he couldn't tell which. 

"Wh-what are y-ou?" 

His question went unanswered for a moment before the male opened his mouth, tonguing his sharp, pearly teeth, following by his fangs that extracted from his gums, revealing what he was. Jeongguk was deathly scared as it was, but knowing that there was a hungry vampire so close to him made him even more scared. 

"P-please don't bite me, I-I won't t-tell any-anyon-e I-I saw y-you, p-lease," Jeongguk whimpered out. Tears were still cascading down his cheeks, eyes bloodshot and and puffy from all his crying. The man crouched down, thumbs wiping away Jeongguk's tears, which shocked the human into a frozen state. 

From what he knew, vampires were vicious, cruel creatures that only lived for breaking people into nothing and draining them of every last drop of blood. Needless to say, the vampire's cold, but gentle touch had surprised him. 

"Surprisingly, I don't want to bite you here. What's your name, little human?" 

Jeongguk whimpered softly, snapping out of his daze as he cautiously shuffled closer to the vampire, accepting his comfort. 

"J-Jeongg-uk. J-Jeon Jeongguk. Wh-what's yours...?" 

The male smirked. 

"Kim Taehyung. Rightful heir to the Kim Coven throne. Not that I really care, but I want you to tell me why you did that." 

It didn't seem like Jeongguk had much a choice, seen as the vampire was obviously used to getting what he wanted, so saying no would probably end badly. Jeongguk shivered at the memory of what had happened to him earlier that night, more tears welling in his eyes. 

"M-my step brother... H-he.. He.. Rapes me... B-beats me, tortures me. H-hurts me. H-he pretends to be a loving person in front of our parents, but- but when we're alone... He- he does horrible things to me, no matter how much I ask him to stop, if I fight back, the pain is a million times worse."

"H-he kicks me around, calls me a slut, a disgrace, a dick sucking whore, a-and then forces me to touch him, e-even if I don't want to. I-I'm terrified that- that my parents won't believe me, s-so I haven't said anything. It's been going on for years. I-I can't take anymore pain, I-I don't want to live if I have to suffer like this anymore. I-I don't wanna!" 

And Jeongguk burst into sobs again, unable to control his heavy, choked breaths, feeling his heart race in his ears. In the background, there were soft murmurs, but Jeongguk couldn't figure out what was being said over the sound of his own cries. 

Suddenly, his head was forced up, and lips slammed on his, a foul liquid pouring into his mouth and down his throat. He whimpered, screamed against the mouth, trying to push the cold body away, but to no avail. When he was released, Jeongguk began to cough heavily, trying to ignore the taste of iron on his tongue. 

Almost immediately, he found himself calming down, his heart rate slowing enough that he could breathe properly. His vision faded in and out, and eventually, his body fell against the vampire's. Unable to stay conscious any longer, Jeongguk closed his eyes, and allowed his conscious to fade completely, welcoming his empty dreams and evil nightmares.