Chapter Five

Jeongguk awoke to the feeling of soft, comfortable sheets, and warm blankets. He blinked a few times to clear his blurry vision before slowly sitting up, examining the room. Rather than panicked, Jeongguk was more so confused. 

The room was massive, and elegant, neat, something Jeongguk could never have no matter how hard he worked. Everything was dim, perfect for a sleeping environment, along with two sets of double doors, and a single glass door with a spiraled handle. 

Jeongguk concluded that where he was must have been within a billionaire's home. Jeongguk rubbed his eyes a bit, ridding the sleepiness from them as he sat up more, wincing with every movement. His entire body ached, and he knew exactly why. 

One of the double doors opened, revealing Taehyung. His slim waist was wrapped loosely in a towel, feet bare and hair wet, causing water droplets to fall sensually over his toned, yet soft looking body. 

Jeongguk squeaked, and covered his eyes, letting out an embarrassed whine. He heard Taehyung's deep chuckle right next to his ear, causing him to let out a soft yelp, surprised the speed Taehyung had. 

"Open your eyes, my little human. You can ogle me all you want, I won't tease you about it." 

Jeongguk only shook his head, listening to the sounds of Taehyung getting dressed. When he was sure that the vampire was at least half dressed, he uncovered his eyes, shyly glancing at the other male. 

Taehyung was wearing neat black slacks with a royal purple dress shirt that was way over the top, covered in ruffles at the sleeves, and ruffles at the collar of the shirt. The bottom was neatly tucked into the slacks, and Taehyung's hair was mostly dry, but still remained a wavy mess. 

Slowly, Jeongguk got up, trying not to whimper at the pain in his lower back as he limped towards Taehyung. When he finally reached the vampire, he gently pulled the cuff of his sleeve towards himself, and buttoned both the buttons. Jeongguk repeated the process with the other sleeve, and then straightened out the ruffles so they fell neatly over the soft material. 

"Y-you seemed like a perfectionist... I-I hope I helped some, I-I wouldn't want anyone to feel they look indecent because of something minor.." 

Jeongguk's head was lowered, staring down at his bare feet, unable to look up at the vampire. However, his chin was lifted gently by two cold fingers, and he was forced to meet the vampire's rosewood iris's. 

"You guessed right. I can't stand people who don't know how to pick up after themselves. I also have quite lavish tastes, if you couldn't guess. This shirt is one of my older ones, I had the fabric dyed purple as soon as the process of dying fabrics this color was available."

"If you haven't already guessed, purple is my favorite color. I know you're in pain, so I asked Namjoon to grab some sort of pain medicine. It's in the bathroom, along with a glass for you to use. There is also necessities you'll need for a basic morning routine. Use whatever you please. And take a bath, I've learned it helps... With the soreness." 

Jeongguk only nodded a bit, finding himself mesmerized by Taehyung's foreign eyes and long lashes. Finally, he stepped away from Taehyung, and limped towards the door Taehyung had come from, preparing for a nice, long bath. 

Half an hour later, Jeongguk found himself wrapped in a fluffy purple towel, no longer limping, as the pain had mostly faded. He made his way into the bedroom, only to find that the bed was made neatly, and Taehyung was nowhere to be seen. 

On top of the bed lay a pair of clean clothes for Jeongguk, along with a note on a piece of parchment. Literal parchment. He couldn't help the soft, breathy laugh that escaped him at the thought of A vampire still using parchment. 

I have to attend an issue with my brother, I will return in about an hour. Make yourself at home. I sent Namjoon to grab an electrical cord for your magic box, it should be sitting on the nightstand. Change, and hang your towel with mine. 

xoxo Taehyung

Jeongguk's small smile evolved into a large smile, realizing that Taehyung had absolutely no idea what a phone was. It was quite entertaining, and Jeongguk couldn't wait to poke fun at Taehyung for it when he returned. 

He got dressed, hung his towel up, and slipped out onto the balcony with his phone. He had about twenty five percent battery left, but it was enough to give Jimin a call, considering the time. 

The phone only rang once before Jimin picked up, the werewolf immediately hollering into Jeongguk's ear. 

"Jeon Jeongguk!! Where were you?! Where are you?! You idiot, Jin and I have been worried sick!"

Jeongguk sighed softly, eyes gazing out at the view of the ocean, so close, yet so far away. 

"I'm sorry, Jiminie. I... Kyunhae... He did it again last night... I-I almost jumped off Mapo bridge, I was so disoriented about what had happened. I'm really sorry. I'm fine now, someone saved me, and I'm staying with them today." 

Jimin whimpered audibly, causing Jeongguk to wince. He knew the wolf was using his Omega charms on him, but he couldn't help but let the immense guilt swallow him whole at the sound of his best friend's soft cries. 

"G-Ggukie, why? Why didn't you come to me? O-or Jin? We could've stopped you.... Who are you staying with? How can you be sure you can trust them?" 

The human only sighed as he leaned against the railing, staring emotionlessly down at the garden below him. He made a mental note to ask Taehyung if he could explore the garden when he returned before focusing on Jimin's questions. 

"His name is Taehyung. He... At first, I wasn't sure I could trust him at all. Taehyung... H-he's a vampire. A-A royal one, I think. He's so much stronger than I ever could have imagined a vampire to be. I-I thought he was going to bite me then and there after he pretty much chucked onto the ground, but he didn't." 

"He comforted me, and he's been nothing but nice. I-I'm not entirely sure what happened, I think he gave me blood, but after that I passed out. I was halfway through a panic attack, but after he gave the blood, it stopped. My heart rate slowed down enough for me to properly breathe, and I just sort of... Fell on him." 

"I felt his arms around me right before I passed out, though. And I took a bath a little bit ago. I have no bite marks on me anywhere. He's a huge perfectionist, but you can't hide two holes in your neck, it's not possible. So he didn't bite me after I passed out." 

Jeongguk nervously bit his lip, waiting for a response from Jimin. 

"I want to meet him. You know how I feel about vampires. I want to make sure he isn't going to hurt you." 

Jeongguk simply shook his head, knowing that the wolf couldn't see the motion. 

"I'll most likely be returning to the apartment sometime today. If he offers to let me stay here, though, I really don't think I'd decline. This place feels so much more like home than that retched hell hole ever has. Sure, the room, bathroom, closet, all of it is extremely lavish and expensive, not to mention fucking huge, but it's much more homey than anything I've experienced."

Jimin let out a soft hum through the line, and then an affirmative grunt. 

"If he offers to let you stay, and you accept, I want to meet him. He's a vampire, so he'll probably strike up a good deal with you that includes you letting him feed from you. Be careful." 

Jeongguk let out a long sigh, and then nodded. 

"I will, hyung. Bye." 

And with that, he hung up the call, proceeding to stare out at the view with heavy thoughts in his mind.