[A year later]

Olivia finished 7th grade with flying colors, with an average of 98.5, Olivia hadn't been able to see Vivian in awhile which she like to keep it that way, her adoptive father, Alex completely changed.

There had been moments that she wondered if he softened because of her? She looked back on when she met him and at first his aura had been dark and made her way to wallow up in a hole but, over the months she could see the change in him.

It had been odd that they were attending church, they never really did anything like that before, and with Christmas coming up it obviously made sense.

"Are you ready to go?" Alex asks as he stood by the threshold with his finely tailored suit and his usual stainless watch, Olivia felt so small against him, he really is attractive, and what are the odds that he wants her as his daughter? she probably is the luckiest girl. At the same time it's annoying since she has to compare him to the boys she meets, yeah he allowed her to be friends with the opposite gender just except if she wants to date they have to meet his expectations which is far too outrageous like a boy who has to have this jawline or hairstyle but Ugh! You get the point.

I slipped into some black sparkles flats, along with a red dress that had a bow at the back of it, dad had picked it out specially for me he says it really suits me. I beamed as I descended myself down the grand staircase and dad gave me a gentle pat on the head.

We eventually made it to the church and I looked up it was a really massive church, dad only laughed at my amusement, "I never been to church before" I said in defense which he only chuckles.

I followed dad into a line of people collecting some donations and handing out candles to hold which I thought was pretty cool.

Being excited I grabbed the candle and dad said to becareful when holding it which I only rolled my eyes. Church is different than I had expected it especially Christmas Eve, I was in awe at the living nativity then the little kids being with their parents, "Dad have you been to church before?" I asked which he simply only smiled and didn't answer which confused me, I shrugged it off and dad put some donations in the golden bowl.

It was a really nice evening because not many people were being rude and the ladies at the church were really nice, I loved it, the sermon had been a bit tiring cause I eventually ended up falling asleep on dad's shoulder I opened my eyes and saw some wet spot on his shoulder which I blushed, I drooled in my sleep aghh I felt embarassed.

Why isn't service over yet? I pondered then Dad must've noticed me cause he handed me his hankerchief, even more embarassment.

The service had ended and it was already 7pm which wasn't bad since we went to the earlier service. I can't imagine going to the late service, our driver was already at the entrance of the church but sadly ladies wanted to talk with my dad which I didn't mind.

Maybe I could find some really cute guys? "Is that your daughter" A lady with ginger hair asked my father, "Yes" he responded, I smiled as I went to grab a cup of water, "and what of her mother?" the same lady asked which he simply replied with, "not in the picture" he said and the lady had only nodded and went on with her night. We got into the car and our driver took us to a fine dining restaurant, lights were everywhere, I gushed at the snowglobe that was situated in the entrance of the restaurant.

Dad held the door open for me as I stepped into the building, it was super warm and smelled really nice, the kind receptionist had led us to a fine booth away from other people,
"So what did you think?" Dad asks as he takes a sip of his wine, "It was long and boring but the snacks were good" I said, "Yeah clearly cause you fell asleep" he says as he moves his shoulders to stretch them, "Hey it's not my fault that we planned to come to a church service" I said rolling my eyes, "It's good to attend" was all he said. I stirred into my drink as I looked around myself, it was amazing how you can tell who is of class and who isn't, my eyes met the gaze of a boy who had been slightly older than me, he had dashing blonde hair, his blue eyes were mesmerizing I realized I had been staring longer than I thought I had so I blushed and broke off contact, "Did you see a cute boy?" Dad casually asks as he runs his fingertip around the rim of the wine glass, "What? No!" I said taking a sip of my water, "Come on, you can be honest with me" he says which is extremely unlike him to just not get all protective dad mode. "Okay, well it was a boy," I proceeded to say carefully just in case it was some sort of trap of his, "He has blonde hair, and blue eyes, and he looked tall and he gave me a genuine smile and like it was really sweet he's in the restaurant too!" I happily said. Our meal came before my father had anytime to respond or react, I peeked to see if the guy was still there, he looked about to be 15, which is definitely older than me, but maybe it's cause older guys are more attractive, I don't know boys my age are just cringe and are like too boyish.

         during our meal, he finally responded, "well, I think that's great you know what appeals to your eyes" "yeah" I replied and we ate our meal in a comfortable silence but I kept on itching to see him or take a peek again, agh.

[Later that evening]

Olivia retired to her bedroom for the night and began to write in her journal, it was as completion of when she first came to the Blacks' resident to where she is now. After writing in her daily entry she went onto her phone and went onto discord and began to chat on the 'Daddy' server which consisted of 200k+ members, and surprisingly as cringe as it sounds it's the most addictive and active server LOL. Olivia had gotten tired of chatting with people so she just logged out and put on some relaxing music, she pulled out a novel to read, 'The Four Loves' by C.S Lewis, it was more of a philosophy sort of book, it wasn't fiction.

Olivia had read her book for a good half an hour before her mind was intruded with the thoughts of the boy from that restaurant, she pondered when she would ever see him again, that truly was love at first sight. Of course the likelihood of seeing him or ever meeting with him again was very slim, but she's never seen such a handsome teenage boy! even though he looked to be 15 years old, she thought that she still had a chance, perhaps it's just her teenage phase of being 'boy crazy' at this rate any boy that is older appeals to her, perhaps it's cause they are far more mature than the boys her age, who knows.

She began to feel drowsy and thirsty, so she went out of her sleeping chamber and down the hallway to see her father's room lit, she probably should wish him a goodnight after all, it's been a year since he's divorced Vivian.

she walked towards his bedroom and was debating if she should knock or just welcome herself into the room, she went with the second option, after all she already tested the water boundaries.

When she had entered his bedroom, he was sitting at his desk with some reading glasses on and he looked rather elegant under the illuminated moon, "hello dear daughter," he begins as he takes off his reading glasses and he looked up to Olivia, "uh hi dad" she says finding it weird that he just knew that she was in his room, "was I being that noisy" she asks, "no, I sensed your presence," he responds, "oh that's weird." she says, then he only chuckles, "now what do I owe for this late visitation?" he asks, "uh no reason really, just wanted to wish a goodnight and I'm going to sleep." she responds, "in that case, do you want me to tuck you in?" he questions as he sits up from his chair, "I mean you don't have to" she says, "alright, go get ready for bed, and I'll be reading a short story to you." he says which brings a big smile to her face.

Olivia went off to her bathroom and got ready for bed, she changed into her nightgown then she went to her bed and waited for her father to come in, he emerged from the threshold of her bedroom, and he went to her bedside, and tucked the covers under her arms and gave her a kiss on the forehead, "alright, are you ready to listen?" he asks as he sat on the edge of the bed.

Alex read her a short story, a fairy tale, of the princess and the 26 mattresses, Olivia fell asleep within a few minutes, just like that, Alex excused himself out of the room and back to his bedroom.

The night glistened against the window pane as snow fell, each resident in the house had returned to their sleeping chambers, making it a quiet and peaceful evening.

A/N: I know it's been awhile but here is the update much love <3