31

Olivia

it was so hard getting up, I was rather comfy. I opened my eyes, and I expected to see dad beside me, but he wasn't.

events of last night occurred to me, and I never really got to find out why he was crying.

Claire is probably still sleeping, so I got off from the guest bed and went to Claire's bedroom, as predicted she was sleeping.

I strolled to the kitchen, and saw her parents by the table, and my dad? no where to be seen.

"hey guys, good morning" i say, and they turn their attention to me, "hey! how did you sleep Olivia?" Claire's mom says, and Nathan says good morning too, "great! Thanks guys. Do you know where my dad is? or have you guys seen my dad?" I asked, jumping to the point.

"he said he had some stuff to do, so he probably out running errands" Nathan responds, and I nodded.

that's weird.. I don't know why I felt hurt. is it cause I'm so attached to him, that it's normal he tells me things.. maybe he just didn't want to see me.

well whatever his reason is, I couldn't just hide my hurt. I tried to mask it, even through a "oh" but it was so evident.

"you know, I'm happy you guys are close. I remember how you ran away from him, now he's running from you" Nathan comments, and I just laugh for the sake of it, but it stung.

He's right, we weren't close the first time, but now what if he's running from me?

I helped myself to some cereal, and I've been to their place so many times, it's like my second home, even though it's 3 hours away, the commute isn't that bad.

"you're awake, about time" i say to Claire as I entered her room, she was busy rummaging about.

"aww did someone miss me" she says, and I just roll my eyes, "as if, anyways my dad went off to do something" I begin to say, and she's still pretty out of it, "you're such a daddy's girl." she remarks, and I couldn't deny it, since she was right, just when did we get so close..

"yeah and, I don't see any problems" i say defending myself, "no there isn't any problems, I just enjoy teasing you" Claire says and I just rolled my eyes, "and I wonder why I didn't just kill you then" I say sarcastically, and we both just laugh.

we ended up playing on our phones and played some roblox.. yes, I only wanted to play so I can slap her on the slapping game on roblox, and even though roblox is cringe, it has pretty cool and fun games.

"we should try Elmira" i suggest, and we both ended just giving up, it was so difficult, we kept going in the same circle so many times.

we were just lounging on the sofas in the common room, and my dad has been gone since this morning and lunch is already on its way.

while we were immersed in our games, I didn't even notice that dad was back.

"Thank you for letting us stay," i hear dad's voice, i thought we were staying for at least two more days..

I immediately got up from the sofa, "dad!" i say, greeting him with a hug, and then he returns the hug, but this time it was really long.

he was hugging me as if he hasn't seen me in like years.

"yeah no problem, like I said you guys are always welcomed." Nathan's voice interrupts my thoughts, "dad where did you go like for such a long time, almost all morning" i say as I look up at him, he's still taller than me. I am forever stuck at 5'2.

"well, that's a surprise." dad responds, and now it really got me curious.

What is dad even on about...? My birthday isn't even anywhere close, and it's the middle of June.