Hunting

F/L/N- Fake Last Name

For the rest of the school day, my encounter with jasper played in my head. Every time I thought about his smile or his golden eyes I felt a stab of aggravation."Stupid leach" I mumbled too low for anyone to hear me. I glanced up at the clock again only 30 minutes until we go home. I sighed with relief. Reaching into my bookbag I grabbed a notebook and started to draw before My pencil even touched the paper a shadow appeared in front of me and I heard someone clear their throats, I looked up and saw the Huge, muscular golden-eyed vampire from before. Panic rushed through me he wouldn't attack me here, not in front of all these people. It'll be fine don't let him intimidate you Y/n! You've killed newborns twice his size! I pushed the panic down "Can I help you, or do you just want to stand there?" The boy briefly scowled at me, "My brother was wondering what you were doing after school." He gestured to Jasper who was glaring at the boy, I smirked slightly "You mean what I'm doing in-" I looked at the clock "20 minutes?" The boy shrugged, "Yeah, I guess." I glanced at Jasper again He was looking at me too, our eyes locked for a split second, and for the horrifying second, I felt like he could see through me, through my living disguise. calm down Y/n! I took an unneeded deep breath, "Yes. I'm really busy actually." I said in a monotone voice, The boy nodded "Moving in can take a while." I nodded, picked up my pencil, and started drawing. The boy sighed heavily "Well, I'll go tell my brother, I'm Emmett by the way." I continued to draw and pretended that the utterly terrifying vampire didn't exist.

~ TIME SKIP TO HOME~

Maria was waiting for me at the door, "Mi Hija! How was your day?" I gave her a 'Are you really asking me that' look "Horrible. The worst. My day was painful." Maria patted my head "Aww, Y/n considering everything, you did Amazing. I expected you to take at least one person today but, you maintained control. I'm proud." I beamed with pride"Thanks, Maria." Maria scoffed "Please, I know how to pick my Majors." I cringed slightly at the memories that surfaced with that statement. Maria stroked my hair once before she said "Were going hunting tonight so be ready to go as soon as night falls" I nodded and walked to my room. For the past 77 years, I've loyally served Maria, without question I've changed anyone she told me to, trained everyone who passed her inspection, annihilated anyone who stood in her way...But still, deep down i know that when I outgrow my usefulness, She'll destroy me just like everyone else. I'm no more than a pawn. no, no, no! That's not true she cares about you. My conscience screamed at me. I groaned One of the worst parts of being a vampire was you couldn't sleep. No temporary relief from your issues you had to constantly deal with them. The night quickly came and soon enough Maria way calling me "MI Hija! Time to go!" I jumped up from my bed. "Comein'!" I called back.

Maria and I raced to Seattle, A large place with plenty of people.and plenty to eat I though. Within minutes we were there, "Alright, I'll feed first then you. Watch my back" Maria commanded, I nodded and felt my Major side take over, "Yes ma'am." I Followed her silently with my hands clasped behind me. After a moment Maria stopped in front of an apartment building, turning towards me " Don't let anyone enter or leave." The command rang clear in her voice.

JASPER'S P.O.V

Y/n... I laid on my back looking up at the dimming sky. I've never not been able to feel for someone... why is she different? My mind raced, not only could I not feel her emotions, she had the scent clinging to her. The demon of my past, Maria. I felt a cold shiver race up my spine, She can't come here. She wouldn't  I sighed heavily, " Why now?" I closed my eyes and briefly thought back to my past with... her. 

__FLASHBACK__

"Jasper?! Where are you?"  Maria's frantic voice called to me "I'm over here, Love" I saw Maria's angelic face light up as she turned the corner and saw me. "Jasper." She rushed over to me and brought me into a warm kiss. "Why are you so scared, Love?" I questioned, I could feel fear radiating from her. Maria didn't answer, I smiled softly and pulled her close to me "It's alright, Love. I'm here and that'll never change." Against my chest, I felt Maria nod.