"Lets head to bed," I tell him as I turn off the TV. He nods and heads back to my room while I put our dishes in the sink. My mom is still at work so it's just us tonight. I go back into my room to find Caleb already curled up under the covers. I climb into bed next to him and make sure to keep a space between us. 

"Goodnight Virgil," he says already half asleep. 

"Goodnight Caleb," I tell him.

The next morning I wake up before Caleb. I reach for my phone that I had next to me and check the time. 9:09 am. I climb out of bed and head into the bathroom. After brushing my teeth I go into the kitchen with my phone in hand. My mom is already in there making coffee. One of the few things we both know how to make. 

"Morning mom," I say sitting at the table. 

"Morning honey," she says turning to look at me with a smile. 

"Did you make enough for me?" I ask. She nods and grabs two cups. She pours the coffee before handing me my cup. I thank her. I add some sugar and creamer. I talk to my mom for a few minutes when Caleb comes in already dressed. I still need to get dressed for the day. 

"Morning," he says sitting next to me. My mom and I both say good morning. 

"Are you guys hungry? I saw some eggs. I can make breakfast sandwiches for us," Caleb says with a smile

"You don't have to but you're welcome to," my mom tells him. 

"It's the least I can do since you're letting me stay here," he says standing up. He goes over to the fridge and gathers the stuff to make breakfast. Fifteen minutes later there's a delicious looking sandwich in front of me. 

"You'll make one hell of a wife for Ethan," I say before taking a bite. 

"Virgil!" he exclaims as he sets down a plate for my mom and one for himself. 

"Aww. Are you and Ethan dating now?" my mom asks Caleb. "How sweet," she adds. 

"N-No we're not!" he says waving his hands in front of him. 

"Yet," I say nonchalantly. His face goes beet red but me and my mom just chuckle. 

"You two," he mumbles before taking a bite of his own food. 

"We're only messing with you," I tell him with a smile. 

"Do you want to date him?" my mom asks him. 

"Well yeah but I don't know if he wants that. Also I'm not sure if it's too soon," he explains. My phone goes off.

Ethan: Are you up...?

You: i am. what's up?

Ethan: I came out to my parents.

You: what did they say?

Ethan: They told me I would burn in hell and that I was no longer their son. On the bright side they won't kick me out until I turn 18. So I have a few months to figure shit out.

You: i'm sorry man. well you're welcome here anytime

Ethan: Thanks man. Mind if I come over? I'm kind of just sitting in my room right now because my parents don't want to look at me.

You: of course.

Ethan: Thanks again.

A few minutes later I hear the doorbell ring. 

"Caleb, can you get that?" I ask him. He looks at me weird but gets up to answer it. 

"Ethan! W-What are you doing here?" Caleb stutters out when he opens the door. I stand up and walk over to the door.