Chapter-18

I hate being late. But I'm so good at it.😂

Prachi's POV

My whole house is now like Mumbai's fish market (noisiest place in the world 😂). Every relatives who lives in San Francisco has arrived in the house. I didn't knew that my so many relatives (many of them I don't know) lived in USA. What a wonderful surprise (Note the sarcasm)

I was fixing this stupid LED light which is continuously flickering. All the kids are running here and there, girls and aunties already surrounded Rhea and the poor mirror.

Komal one of my cousin whom I just met at morning, she is whining for some jewellery "Mommmm,I want to wear that necklace also" her mother said "Dear don't wear too much jewellery, you will face problem in walking."

I was listening this from morning and now it's noon, I howled because they are in Rhea's room " Komal wear some utensils also. If you're having shortage on jewellery."

Everyone laughed except Komal who was busy in sulking. Out of blue Diksha came and said "Hear out everyone there's a announcement. Rhea di's in law insists us to follow there one tradition- same-colour-dance. Means if the girl is wearing yellow she will have to dance with that guy who is also wearing yellow, Got it?."

Everyone engages themselves in some work. I also don't know which colour mom brought for me. I rush to my room and saw that kids were eating in my bed or I can say they were eating less throwing more in my bed.

I said to them "Who wants chocolates?" They shouted "ME! ME! ONLY ME!" I cheekily smiled and said "Then go to Kitchen before it finishes."

They left the room, I took a breathe of relief. Now, let's see What's the colour. Oh it's Green Great! I did a victory dance but wait I don't want to dance with anyone. Hmm.... Yes! I should call Xavier . Dialing his number. "Pikachu don't worry I didn't forgotten about engagement. I'm coming in evening but if you want, I can come-" I cut him off "Do you have a disease called 'jumping-in-conclusion', if not then listen what are you going wear in the evening?"

He tediously replied "Armani suit." I replied "Good, then wear a green one." Dancing with some unknown person is better than dancing with a jerk.

" Dancing with some unknown person is better than dancing with a jerk

Prachi's Outfit

At engagement
Xavier said "You are looking beautiful" I irritately looked away. He continued "am I making you that nervous that you can't look at my eyes." I gritted my teeth when I saw him smirking and said "You're impossible."

After ring exchanging, Diksha announced "Now,it's time for dance." Everyone went to their respective partners. Xavier asked while forwarding his hand "Shall we?" I lazily said "No just sit here" he scowled but dragged me towards the stage.

And a Bollywood song started to play,
O re piya, main taan tere layi, sau raatan jagun,
Jithe jaavein tu, othey jaave dil, das ki main karun,
Jo tu russ jaani ae, dil yeh tutt jaani ae,
Tere sang sang raah, saari katt jaani ae,
Main taan tere naal rehna, maan enna mera kehna

While we both started to dance I laughed at Xavier's face as he is frowning too much, I asked him "what happened?" He unhappily stated "I am not understanding a single word." I laughed and said "because you don't know this language idiot." He was still upset so to cheer him I asked "Should I explain you?"

His face light up and he aggressively nodded "so the line says
Oh my lover, I would await you over hundreds of sleepless nights,
Wherever you go, my heart follows you. Tell me what could I possibly do in such situation?
When you become angry with me, it breaks my heart,
Alongside you, I shall cross the path of life
I want to be with you, just listen to me this much.
Now is it clear? "
Xavier was looking at me very intensely it's like he is hypnotising me. Xavier said in dead serious tone "extraordinarily the song is so true." His grip on my waist got tight now his tall figure is towering me. He was getting to close for my likeness. So I did the first thing came into my mind:- pushing him away. I looked away as it was too intimate and embarrassing for I looked at Xavier thinking that he might be embarrass just like me but a big BUT he is smirking.

I furiously walked away while muttering under my breath "Shameless fellow".

I laying was in bed after throwing the duppata as I want to go to washroom but Diksha is already the engagement is still going on. My mind is playing that 'intimate sense' like a flashback .Oh God!

Before I can curse Xavier, Diksha's phone rang. It's showing 'MOM' interesting, let's talk to aunty whom I trying to contact from last week. Before I can something she started yelling "why you're taking so much time to rob them. Don't worry they are billionaire, they are just fooling you that they live in a simple house."

Amazing so I'm indirectly helping a thief, she continued "You better do it quickly or else you know that it will not take time for me to make you real pregnant woman. And listen-" I couldn't hear it as someone snatched it or DIKSHA snatched it.

She barked "Can't you mind your own business" I was about to ask her what's going on but she ran away from the room.

I shouted "wait Diksha, I can help you" I am not having a good feeling about Diksha, she is hiding the fact that her own parents are abusing her. I am feeling really remorseful about her.

I followed her outside as she came out of house, where the hell she went away. I saw someone across the street but I am not sure if she is Diksha.

I was walking towards her but suddenly I saw a truck coming towards me and the speed of truck was so fast that I thought today would be my last day. But a sudden jerk and I landed on a hard chest.

"Are you mad!" Xavier screamed. I covered my eyes as to be precise he screamed at my ears. My heartbeat was abnormal so I closed my eyes and kept my head at his chest.

Xavier's POV

I become froze when she kept her head, I could feel heat radiating in my whole body just like earlier I was dancing with her.

She sniffed me and frowned. She looked up at me and said "you smell like blueberry" she again sniffed and said "yes, you smell like blueberry,what perfume you use? as from my information men uses hard perfumes which will block your all senses." She made a comical face

I said "Go inside, tomorrow is not Sunday. " she was about to say something but I did a most unexpected thing. I pecked in her lips and she gasped.

I took the opportunity to run away before I can sit in my car I heard her shouting "you're so dead now." Indeed I can peacefully die if you will kill

Plzz vote and comment
And guess the song, I will dedicate the next chapter to the first five who guesses it right.😍☺