Chapter 20: Sleepover. | [Bonus: Comic]

I placed my phone to my right ear and listened for the other person to eventually pick up. After a few seconds of waiting, the phone was answered.

"Y/N!", Mom shouted excitedly on the phone. The caller ID on her phone no doubt gave away it was me that was calling.

However, she sounded a bit more lively than usual. 

"Hey, Mom", I replied boringly. 

Right now I was sitting with Yuna on her bed in her bedroom. After our bath, we not too long ago put on something to wear. 

Considering that I didn't plan ahead for staying at Yuna's, she let me wore some of her clothes, something I have no doubt in my mind that she's super happy about. 

"It's like...super duper late! You haven't been kidnapped by your girlfriend, have you? Hahaha!", Mom laughed over the phone.

If only Mom knew she was right. 

I had my suspicion but it was only until I heard a gulping noise over the phone that I could confirm what was going on.

Great. Mom's drunk...again. 

"Mom, are you drinking?", I asked her.

"Maaaaaaaaaybe", she spoke in an intoxicated tone. 

I sighed.

"I was just calling to let you know I'm fine and I'm still at Yuna's place."

"Is that so, huh?", Mom replied with clear sarcasm in her voice.

Oh, great. It's bad enough that she's drunk, but now I know even more now what she's going to say next.

"You're already going out and sleeping with girls. My little baby is already an adult", Mom faked a cry, enjoying her drunk teasing.

Jesus, she can be so embarrassing sometimes. And judging from Yuna trying to quietly laugh next to me, she can hear Mom's drunken episode through the phone. 

"Mom, I'm just here trying to help Yuna with a big school project. That's all", I lied. Like hell I'm going to confirm her dirty suspicions, regardless of if it's true. 

"We both know that's a load of shit, you little whore", Mom laughed over the phone.

I facepalmed over the phone while Yuna was dying of laughter on the bed. 

I swear they're both so immature. Is that even how a mother should talk to her daughter?! I swear Mom thinks she's still in college or something.

"Mom, is Umi there? Can you put her on the phone?", I asked her.

"Sure, sure", Mom calmed herself down to mere drunken giggles, "Umi! Your big sister wants yooooooooou!"

Oh my god.

Umi answered the phone a few moments later, "Hey, Big Sis." Judging from the annoyance in her voice, she's not pleased with having to babysit Mom either.

"Hey, Umi. I'm going to be staying over the weekend to help Yuna with a school project. Can you let Mom know when she's sober again?"

Obviously, I can't tell her that my demon girlfriend has decided to hold me hostage and I'm the crazy bitch that's going along with her insane plan. 

When Yuna also calmed herself down, she got closer to me and started to speak directly to the phone on my ear.

"It's a very important school project, Umi", Yuna said, "Y/N is trying to help me with Sex Ed."

"Y-Yuna!", I shouted. 

"You both sicken me", Umi said with disgust. 

"Just make sure Mom doesn't light the house on fire or anything while I'm away", I said not caring about her comment.