Chapter 27: The Grandfather.

"You must be Y/N L/N", Yuna's grandfather addressed me, his voice strong and confident.

The man that held my mother up looked intimidating, yet still approachable. He was definitely a demon though. He had all the characteristics that Yuna has, but with some noticeable differences.

Yuna's tail has a heart tip, but his is pointed like an arrowhead. The horns and wings were similar, especially in colour, but the ones on Yuna's grandfather were both larger and longer in size. His large wings in particular seemed more suited for flying compared to Yuna's, but I wouldn't really bet on it either. At least the sharp canines of their teeth look pretty identical.

To top it all off, he was dressed pretty professionally. He was wearing a black suit as if he was going to a business meeting with the mafia of the underworld. It was in complete contrast to my mother who I forgot was wearing that skimpy, black nightgown. She might as well have been wearing lingerie in my opinion.

As for what Yuna said about him looking no older than thirty, she was certainly right. He looks like he's in his late twenties. Similar to Yuna, he's probably actually centuries years old. I can see a slight resemblance of Yuna in him.

"Yes, sir. That's me", I responded. From how formal that was, I probably gave away that I'm a little scared.

"Nice to finally meet you, young lady", he said, "I believe this is your mother?"

"I've never seen that woman in my life", I said with a straight face. Yeah, it was obviously Mom, but right now she's making it embarassing to let anyone know I'm her daughter.

"So mean!", Mom cried with a pout.

Yuna's grandfather smiled to himself a bit, followed by Yuna's giggling, "Your mother has been quite the handful." He then put Mom down on her feet.

"I have not!", she contested with her hands to her hips.

"I told you I've claimed the souls of thousands of human women, and somehow....you got turned on by that. Most women run away in fear, or will at least be visibly shaken."

"What can I say? I'm not like most women", Mom shrugged with her cliché. She smiled at him while twisting strands of her hair and giving a flirtatious wink.

Someone, please kill me right now. 

Yuna's grandfather is looking at her dumbfounded and slightly annoyed. Yuna herself is holding her hand to her mouth to stop from laughing out loud. At least one of us is enjoying this exchange. 

"Mom, that is Yuna's demon grandfather!", I said trying to bring her back down to her senses.

"I know, right?! It's like he hasn't aged past thirty! This can only mean one thing!"

I swear to the goddess if you say what I think you're going to say...

"I found your new dad!", Mom declared.

If there was a cue to kill myself, that would be it. 

"Excuse me?", Yuna's grandfather raised his eyebrow at her in mild disbelief. 

"You literally just met him!", I shouted at her.

"Don't worry! I have a very good feeling about this romance!", Mom gives me a thumbs-up.

"That's what you said about Dad a year before he left!", it's something Mom herself has told me personally. She was confident in their relationship until the end. 

"You're so snuck in the past", Mom said playfully ignoring my concern. She turned to Yuna's grandfather, "Don't worry, he's not in my life anymore. Say the words and I'll be ready to bear any children you want."

"You will literally not survive that", Yuna's grandfather said bluntly. 

"Niiice", Mom said with a wicked smile. 

And just like that, I am really glad I'm not straight. Why does she act so much like Yuna?!

"HEY!!", a loud shout rang through the living room. We all turned to see Umi by the staircase in her pajamas.

"Can you all shut the hell up?! Some of us are trying to sleep!"

We were all taken aback by how loud and voicetress Umi was. I know especially well how cranky she can be when she wakes up. One time I said 'hey' to her when she had just woken up and she told me to go and off myself in the street. Rude, much?

"Y/N started it", Mom pointed at me. I looked at Mom in disbelief. Who is the parent here?!

"Ah, Umi?", Yuna's grandfather spoke, "Is this your family?"

"Regrettably", she responsed with bitter resentment.

Wait, wait, wait. Hold the fuck up. 

"Do...you two know each other?", I asked.

"Kind of", Umi didn't want to say much, "He is Crystal's uncle."

Crystal is Umi's childhood friend. They go to school together as well. I've met her a few times before and she seems nice. But if she's related to Yuna's grandfather, then that means...

"And yes, Crystal is also a succubus demon like Yuna", Umi spoke as if reading my mind.

"I have many questions", I said.

"Ask him your damn self. I'm going back to bed", Umi said before walking back up the staircase. I guess I should expected that response from her.

"Did you know about this?", I asked Yuna in a hush tone.

"Nope, but I did have a suspicion. From what you said, she wasn't surprised when you told her about me."

Ah, that's right. I do remember Umi's reaction. It was very don't care-ish. Now that I think about it, I should have probably looked into it more on why she seemed that way. However, Umi's default emotion is either disgust or uninterest, so it's not like it caught me by surprise either.

I looked over at Mom who was deviously grinning to herself. 

"Crystal's name was in her 'saucy' dms", Mom said referencing the time she teased Umi about what she found on her laptop. 

"Ah, yes", Yuna's grandfather cleared his throat, "Crystal informed me I wasn't allowed to divulge any specific details about them." 

Since when did my little sister had secrets? I mean, besides her being in the closet. It sounds like Umi knew we were all going to meet at some point. Did she make a pact with his niece? I don't remember ever seeing a succubus pact mark on Umi anywhere on her body. I'm certain I would have known if that was the case.

"However, I believe we do have other matters to discuss. Is that correct, Yuna?", Yuna's grandfather spoke.

"Yes", she replied earnestly, "We should get going."

"Very well. Everyone, please stand on the summoning circle", he instructed. 

We all did as we were told. Him and Mom didn't have to move much because they were still on it since they arrived. Yuna and I went over to the circle and held each other's hand. I forgot the circle was made of Mom's blood, but at least it was all dried out now. 

Yuna's grandfather chanted something in a foreign language, then the circle was brought back to life with a mystic crimson light. Energy flowed around us, and just like that, we were teleported out of the house.