Chapter 38: High School Sucks Anyway.

Umi

Now I've gone and done it.

"So...", Crystal starts with a bit of teasing in her voice, "Are you going to tell me what that was about?"

We're sitting together on the bench by the principal's office.

I keep my mouth shut and avoid returning Crystal's gaze. Admittingly I'm too embarrassed to even acknowledge what happened.

I keep my hands in my lap and just continue to look at the floor as if some tiny creature is in front of me, keeping my interest.

-Earlier-

I fucking hate everyone in this school. Thank christ that I'm not also in the same school as my sister. She's probably in some degenerate nerd club and then people would assume I'm the same.

Gross.

Sigh, although, I probably wouldn't be in such a shitty mood if Crystal wasn't late for class.

I need her around to help me focus. Not that I like her or anything, it's just I do better when she's with me in class.

At least I know she's nearby. I'm following the small, invisible magical trail she gives off as a half-witch.

I'm just about to turn the corner where Crystal is but then I hear a voice that wasn't hers coming from where she was.

"Bonjour, ma belle!", Ren is with Crystal and he's trying his, quote-on-quote best French, to impress her, "Vous. Moi. Cinema. What do you think?"

"C'était terrible (That was terrible)", Crystal giggles cutely, "But a movie does sound kind of interesting."

Don't tell me you're seriously giving this dickweed the time of day?! I want to rush out right now, but there's a part of me that's stopping myself from moving until I hear what she's going to say next.

"Well, I guess I could think about it. What movie did you have in mind?"

I've heard more than enough and I come out from around the corner to show myself.

"She already has plans with me!", I quickly declared.

Ren is surprised to see me but then gets quickly annoyed, "Oh, it's you, Umi."

"You have a problem with me being here?", I ask with a strong bite in my tone.

"Well, yeah. I know you're like her best friend and all, but it's a serious pain in the ass. What are you? Her obsessive girlfriend or something?"

He's trying to bait me. I know he is. He gets some sadistic high from knowing how annoyed I get whenever he brings up how 'close' Crystal and I are together.

But you know what? I'm kinda sick of dealing with his fucking shit.

"And what if she IS my girlfriend?!", I shouted.

Both Ren and Crystal are surprised at my words. All the other students walking by stop moving and there's a deafening silence that echoes through the halls.

But is that going to stop me from saying what I'm going to say next? It probably should, but I blurt the next words out of my mouth anyway.

"If you ever ask my girlfriend out again, I will end your life in one hundred different fucking ways!", I threatened him loudly.

There's a silence in the air for a while until it's broken by Ren bursting out laughing. 

"HAHAHA! Could you sound any more retarded?!", he says gripping his stomach but then looks down at my fist, "Wait, why is your hand on fire?"