Chapter 37: The Past Catchs Up With The Present.

The chaotic sound of destruction echoes through the hallways from the direction of where Yuna was. It sounded like something, or someone is being thrown through several rows of furniture. The closer we get, the louder it gets. 

The following sounds that came were that of rubble and drywall collapsing.

Just as the three of us got closer to Hitomi and I's classroom, a figure flies backward out of the classroom and into the concrete wall of the hallway. The sound of the impact justified the extensive damage of the crumbling concrete around the person.

Before I could get a chance to pray that Ms. Yori was the one getting her ass handed to her, I instead recognized Yuna who was practically lodged into the wall.

My heart started to sink. She's in her full demon state but she's bleeding from numerous wounds and there are too many bruises to even count. Her eyes are shut so I assumed she is unconscious. I go to help her but an eery and familiar voice calls to me.

"Hey, cutie", Ms. Yori's voice comes from the giant hole in the wall from where Yuna flew through. I look at Ms. Yori and she looks completely untouched with an annoying smile on her face, "You forgot some trash on your way out of school."

"I'll fucking kill you!!", I yelled so loud that my voice cracked.

Just as I was going to run towards Ms. Yori to punch the ever-loving fuck out of her, I'm grabbed from behind.

"Are you insane?!", Hitomi holds onto me tightly and puts my body into some kind of lock with her arms, "She'll kill you!"

"I don't care!!", my very words are tainted with a rage I've never felt before.

Ms. Yori giggles at us and it just pisses me off more, "You should listen to your friend, sweetheart. You really don't want any of what I am."

It's funny how the next thing that happens brings me back to reality.

Enormous wings began to sprout and spread out from the back of Ms. Yori. And as if that wasn't surprising enough as it is, these wings weren't a holy white as they should have been.

Black. The wings were an onyx black. An angel with no holo and black wings.

All of the fight and anger in me just melt away as I start to realize just how completely and utterly stupid  I was for thinking I could at least physically harm Ms. Yori in some way.

My will to fight dies and my body sinks into Hitomi's arms.

"Good girl", Ms. Yori praises with a slow clap. "Hmm?"

The sound of movement coming from the wall next to me made her switch her attention.

Yuna has started willing her beaten body to move. She slowly and painfully pushes herself up from the wall before falling to her knees because of her injuries. She's breathing so heavily and blood drips from her head to the floor.

She starts limping toward the direction of Ms. Yori with this blood lust of hatred in her eyes.

"Yuna!", I yell her name as hard as I can. Because of the rage of her demon form, she probably doesn't even know I'm standing beside her.

"Ready for round 2, Ms. Sakuto?", Ms. Yori smiles so wickedly it sends a chill down my spine, "I'll be more than happy to show you your place." Ms. Yori's wings extend and she propels herself toward Yuna with frightening speed.

Just as it seems she was going to get one more strike into Yuna, Rui gets right between them and defensively blocks the hit with her arms in a cross shape.

The impact was so strong that the shockwave of it blew me and Hitomi to the floor and several feet across the hallway.

"Oh my", Ms. Yori licks her lips with a predatory smile, "A vampire and a succubus in the same school? Lucky me."

"Who are you? What is a dark angel doing here?", Rui asks, struggling to hold Ms. Yori's fist back. Looking at Rui, she is taking on a more vampire appearance as her fangs have extended and the pupils of her eyes constrict.

"Finally! I was waiting for a chance to introduce myself!", Ms. Yori withdraws her fist and takes a few steps back. Her wings flap once before she starts her monologue. 

"The little half-succubus behind you", she points to Yuna, "We have some unfinished business."

"What?", Rui is obviously confused, but then Ms. Yori starts talking again.

"Once upon a time, I was so beautiful, so pure. My wings were as white as the delicate snow. But then everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked."

"Um, what?", Rui is again very confused.

"Oh come on, you didn't get that reference? Sigh, kids these days are so uncultured", she clears her throat before carrying on her dramatization, "But, yes, as I said, I was once a normal angel with the most beautiful white wings. They only got this way after I was cursed by a lowly demon succubus. It was so horrible, so tragic."

Ms. Yori continues her over-the-top retelling, "Oh, where did it all go wrong? It was all supposed to be just a simple killing of a human and a demon who insist on defying the very order of things. And then it all went downhill after I killed the human. Simply tragic", her mouth then forms into an evil smile, "But wow, am I glad I killed him first. I've dealt with annoying targets but, Christ, he would not shut up! He would take every chance just to make some stupid remark after I told him his wife and kid had to die for the betterment of the world. Like seriously, it would have saved me a whole lot of trouble if he could have just off-ed himself."

Every word she spoke was a reason for any of us to just punch her mouth in.

I wasn't the only one upset either, because before we knew it, Yuna sped right pass Rui and tried punching Ms. Yori with so much speed and force that I almost missed the air flowing around her first. 

Unfortunately, Yuna's attack is blocked by one of Ms. Yori's wings. It's as if all the speed in Yuna's fist died out before hitting it because it just looks like Ms. Yori is holding Yuna completely at bay with very little effort.

"Look at you", Ms. Yori teases, "That deathly look of hatred in your eyes. Just like your mommy."

The rage on Yuna's face gets more intense. Rui jumps in to help Yuna and I'm not sure exactly what she does, but she tries to aim for Ms. Yori's face with her hand weaponized as a claw. Ms. Yori blocks it with her arm instead of her other wing. 

Blood starts to trickle down from where Rui struck Ms. Yori's arm with her sharp nails.

 Finally, someone has managed to inflict some kind of damage on that woman.

"Two on one? That's a bit unfair, isn't it?", Ms. Yori is unphased.

Things start to get bad again when Ms. Yori is able to grab Rui by her lower arm and swing her directly into Yuna. It was a rough hit but Yuna and Rui manage to pull themselves quickly together back to their feet.

Ms. Yori starts to smile excitingly, but is then interrupted by a look of surprise appearing on her face, "Oops, seems I've brought too much attention to myself."

Before we knew what was happening, a ring of fire circles beneath Ms. Yori's feet.

 "A L'ENFER, TU BRULE!"

And just like that, a wall of vortex of flames engulfs her. I feel the intense heat from where Hitomi and I were. 

The vortex of fire then quickly dissipates, and once they're gone, so is Ms. Yori.

"Fuck!", I hear a familiar shout across the hall. I look to see my sister, and Crystal running toward us. 

I should ask why they're here but my attention goes to Yuna who starts to collapse to the floor, her demon form receding from her body.

"Yuna!", I ran toward her and hold her body close to mine.

"Y/N, I'm...sorry", she can barely open her eyes.

"Don't talk. Just use my energy to get better", I hold her increasingly tightly as if doing so would make my life energy flow into her body quickly.

Even if I have to die right here and now, please just let Yuna live.