Chapter 29: Ethan, Part 2 [Special]

Year: 1880

Sayuri

"Enough!!", I ran between both my father and Ethan and held my hands out to protect Ethan.

As I did, Ethan fell on one knee onto the snow-covered ground, propping himself up with his other leg. His breathing is extremely heavy and he's practically on the verge of passing out.

"Already?...", Ethan speaks with what little breath he has, "I was...just getting...warmed up, Love". Idiot, I scolded him mentally. 

This is dangerous, he's used up too much magic in such a short time. Even with his adeptness at magic, battling with my father is putting too much strain on his body. I have to stop this before he very much ends up dead.

On the other hand, my father has barely moved and hasn't even broken merely a sweat, as expected of his standing as a powerful demon.

Of course, it was only a matter of time before he would eventually catch up to us. Ethan has been casting light attribute offensive spells at him to buy as much time as possible. He's yet to hit my father with any of them, but even if he did, I doubt it will do any harm to him. In fact, I'm very certain it would feel like nothing more than a mosquito bite to my father.

"Sayuri, step aside. Right now.", Father demanded, upset with my intervention of this horribly one-sided fight. 

"If you think I'm going to let you hurt him, you're fucking wrong!", I stood my ground with unwavering resolve. My emotions are getting the better of me. Even the hidden demonic features such as my horns have started to sprout from my body. For Yuna's sake, I should calm myself down a bit before I lose control of myself.

My father sighed heavily, "Look at you, going to such lengths to defend this human trash." Father's bigotry was as prominent as ever,  "You only became like this after you met him."

"You're right", I said proudly, "I would have turned out just like you if I hadn't met Ethan, a sorry excuse of a demon who continues to live by his own sad and outdated prejudices."

I reckon if he was closer, my father wouldn't have hesitated to strike my face with his hand.

"Ouch", Ethan said with a chuckle, "You should start applying a healing spell for that burn, Pops." Even with my father having the appearance of a human adult in their 20s, Ethan still treats him like an old man, not that it isn't warranted by the display of my father's actions.

"Don't you ever dare address me in such a manner!", Father moved instantaneously, basically teleporting behind me to strike Ethan. With what little strength he had, Ethan managed to dodge the attack, if only just barely. 

"Would you stop antagonizing him?!", I shouted at Ethan as I came after my father.

"But he makes it so easy! Ack!", Ethan retorted while about to cough up a lung. It was only because of his quick reflex backflip that he was able to avoid Father's attack.

I swear, why do men insist on being this idiotic?! Whether it be human or demon, they've got more in common than they think. Ethan and Father couldn't just settle this by talking out their differences. Nope, they had to have a fucking battle like the fucking middle ages.

At this rate, I'm beginning to hope Yuna doesn't even look at boys when the time arrives. Goddess knows it'll save her a lot of headaches. 

Focusing back to the fight at hand, Father is ready to launch his second attack with his fist just when I move and get between him and Ethan once more. I redirect his attack upwards with one palm and used the other to strike his chest with magic. He didn't have time to block it, so I got a direct hit.