30 - Good Girl

Author's;
Areum was clear to leave the hospital after just one night, like the doctor had said. Taehyung was the one to give her a ride back home. He quietly drove, glancing every now and then. It was evident that he was worried for his sister.

Anyone would be when she looked like her soul was floating outside of her body. Areum was deep in her thoughts, not wanting to give in to the fact that she has to separate from her beloved.

Taehyung finally spoke, "Areumie?"

"Mm?" She answered.

"Are you sure you're feeling alright?" He asked.

That depends. Are you asking about her physical state or her mental state? She nodded.

"I'm alright."

"I don't think you should go to school. Why don't you just rest for today at home and go tomorrow?" He suggested with good intentions.

Her eyes darted at him. "I said i'm fine. I'm going to school."

Startled by her sudden retort, he glanced at her. "Woah, Im sorry."

I cant miss school. I have only a week left with him.

Not a word from either of them after that. It was just the sound of the tires on the asphalt and the 'tick tick tick' of the indicator every now and then.

Areum felt a rush of guilt when she noticed Taehyung's facial expression. "I didn't meant to burst on you, Tae." She said apologetically.

He flashed a wide boxy smile ruffled her hair with one hand. "Forgiven." he said, putting her heart in ease.

That's when the car was suddenly filled with a loud ring. Areum looked at the small screen on the dash board.

Call from: Miyoung
Answer         Decline

Areum pursed her lips together and quietly glanced at her older brother. "Won't you answer?" She asked.

"No." He replied with a blank face, selecting the decline button.

The ringing stopped, making the silence seem louder than before.

»»————- ♡ ————-««

Areum walked slowly down the empty hallway of her high school. She missed the first half of the day but there was no way she would miss a science class.

She opened the wooden door 'C73' feeling queasy. Unusual but, she ignored it and creeped into the classroom trying to be as quiet as possible.Everyone was sitting at their desks, looking ahead at the whiteboard as Mr Park spoke. He stopped speaking because he heard the door open.

"Who came into my class late today?" He asked playfully before turning around to answer his question.

His eyes landed on Areum and immediately softened. There was a moment of still quietness before he smiled, raising his eyebrow.

"15 minutes late." He said for the whole class to hear.

"Sorry, Mr Park." She apologized, walking to the back of the class to her desk.

There was Jungkook, doodling on his worksheet with earbuds stuffed in his ears, not giving a care to whatever was happening around him. She wondered if he even knew what was happening.