t h i r t y f i v e

Start from the beginning

I waved my hand dismissively.

"He did the right thing and plus, he knows what to do better than I would. I have a lot to learn before I can take care of the kingdom's affairs into my own hands. Help is always appreciated." I said.

"Speaking of letters, I got one too. I almost forgot about it in all this hubbub. It's from Hailey. I haven't opened it yet. Alfred gave it to me on my way to your room. Let me retrieve it from the basket." Melissa said. She got up to get her basket from the shelf.

I scooted over and gave some space for Aiden to sit. He settled down comfortably and pulled me closer.

"I missed you." He murmured and kissed my hair. My cheeks warmed. I slapped his thigh, nodding at Melissa who was digging through her basket without a clue. Her back faced us but Fae had very good hearing.

"You saw me a few hours ago." I murmur back.

"Your point being?" He whispered raising an eyebrow. A thought popped into my head.

I tilt my head slightly to the side and press my lips on his bond mark. I linger for a few seconds than necessary and pull away. Aiden swallowed, his Adam's apple bobbing at the movement. His eyes turn slightly darker as he gazes down at me. I notice his red ears and smirk.

"I missed you too." I whisper.

"Aha! Found it!" Melissa said loudly.

We jump apart as if scalded and try to appear normal. She returns back holding an envelope and a bottle of liquid in her hands.

"Sorry for the delay! I put in a spell to make my storage bigger. Took me a while to get a hold of this one." She says, waving the envelope in her hand. "Here's your medicine. Drink a bottle cap twice a day. Morning and night after food."

I take the bottle from her and turn it around to get a better look. I couldn't see the color of the liquid because of the dark hued bottle but the smell seemed alright. I pass it to Aiden who places it on the bedside dresser after a glance.

"What's in the letter?" I ask curiously.

"Let me see....had a good rest...mother is sending along goodies...hmm....oh! Jase and her are returning tomorrow. They will be here for lunch. She's has no news of Stella and Zach though." Melissa said.

She folded the letter neatly and gave it to me along with the envelope. I skimmed through it finding that it matched with what Melissa said. I put it back into its cover and kept it aside.

"Speaking of which, Rora you have to meet with some important officials tomorrow. I tried telling Derek that you are still not completely healed but he insisted that it will be best if you have a talk with these people." Aiden said. I nod my head.

"Looks like tomorrow is going to be a busy day for all of us." Melissa said. "Alright then, I'm getting rather hungry. Let's go have dinner. I'm sure it must be done by now."

"You girls go on first. I'll take a quick bath and meet you both downstairs." Aiden said.

"I'll put away these books and be right behind you." I told Melissa.

"Oh I can help-" She started but I quickly cut her off.

"No, it's alright. It won't take me too long. Go on ahead, I'll be along in a few minutes." I said. She gives me a quizzical look and then her eyes widen. She clasps her hands together and gives me a playful smile.

"Alright, alright. I get it. Sorry, I'm a bit slow when it comes to these things. I'll leave you two alone now. Behave kids!"

"W-What! That's not what I meant! Melissa!" I stutter.