s e v e n t e e n

A man with graying hair and bright green eyes smiled at us

A man with graying hair and bright green eyes smiled at us. I peeked from behind Aiden's tall frame fiddling nervously with my amulet.

"Ah! Dimitri, pardon us for our rather sudden arrival. We had a slight problem at our last stop." Nana spoke up, bowing lightly.

"No worries! It is lovely to see you again, Agatha. Er..how many years has it been..?" Lord Dimitri said.

"Thirteen." She replied. He nod slowly, rubbing his chin.

"It's been a long couple of years for everyone. Aiden, I'm surprised you're here. I thought you were busy with your w-"

"Stella insisted I go and check out the place first. It's a dangerous mission." Aiden interrupted mid-sentence. Lord Dimitri raised an questioning eyebrow but said nothing more to the topic. I listened curiously at the exchange without a word. Something didn't seem right.

"And the girl?" He asked looking around.

"She's right here." Hailey said, motioning for Aiden to move his butt out of the way.

My amulet glowed and I felt the familiar chill and warmth combined, running through my body and in a flash of light which lasted for about a second or two, I had my platinum blonde hair and the swirls back on my body.

I tucked a loose strand of hair behind my ears and looked up nervously. Lord Dimitri's eyes widened for a few seconds before he composed himself. I bit my lip to hide my smile.

"The resemblance is uncanny. From the hair right down to the Dragna eyes. She looks so much like her mother that for a moment it seemed as if it was Queen Genevieve standing before me." He said, looking at me like I was a fossil come back to life.

I offered him a proper smile and bowed my head politely. Aiden placed his hand on my back lightly. I glanced at him to see if he wanted something but he was staring straight ahead.

"And these are..?" Lord Dimitri continued looking at Hailey, Melissa and Jase.

"Jason Adley, pleased to you." Jase said with a light bow of his head.